What does "data-use-service-core" do?

I’m using the All-In-One reviews widget and while I was looking for ways to load my widget faster, I noticed in the code was “data-use-service-core”. What does this do? I have looked online and couldn’t find if I need it or not or what it does.

Any insight?

Mahalo!

1 Like

Hi @Chris_Popp and welcome to community :wave:

data-use-service-core is just the attribute of the installation code for a new dashboard widget. Old dashboard widgets don’t have this attribute in the installation code.

So, this attribute just specifies that you have a new dashboard widget.

If you want to load your widget faster, please send me a link to the webpage where your widget is installed.

I’ll be happy to advise :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Max, You have hit on the issue I have with the feedback form. It loads very slowly, long after the rest of my page. Here is a link: https://dogandcatpharm.com/contact/contact.html

Thanks for your help!–Paul

1 Like

Hi @Customer_Support

Unfortunately, I couldn’t open a contact page, as it immediately redirects to the home page.

Anyway, we have a solution for your case. To improve widget loading speed, you can remove the defer attribute from the widget installation code, which makes the widget load only after all other content on the page is loaded. Here’s what the code will look like:

<script src="https://apps.elfsight.com/p/platform.js"></script> <div class="elfsight-app-WIDGET-ID"></div>

Another way of making the widget load simultaneously is changing the defer attribute to async . Here is the code:

<script src="https://apps.elfsight.com/p/platform.js" async></script> <div class="elfsight-app-WIDGET-ID"></div>

Please replace WIDGET_ID in the codes above with the ID of your own widget and install it on your website.

Please check it and let me know if it worked :slightly_smiling_face:

I tried removing the defer attribute to improve loading speed on suggestion from Max, but it didn’t seem to make any difference. The form doesn’t load for about three seconds after the rest of the page is loaded–then it suddenly pops in.

This is not the best situation but I could probably live with it, if that is just how the form widget works. I have another more serious issue though, and it seems to be specific to the Chrome browser. The page has sometimes been having a problem where it shows “waiting for core elfsight.com” and then goes to a 404 error. This error seems to get stuck in the cache. It was doing this when Max tried to look at the contact page, and maybe Irene experienced this too. What is even more troubling is that the human meds page sometimes also waits for core elfsight.com, and then goes 404. This is exceedingly weird since the form has never been on that page!

Anyway, I hope the page is working when you look at it now. If you use Firefox I’m pretty sure the page will load, with Chrome you may not be able to see it if the core is again getting stuck somehow.

Thanks for looking into this, Paul

1 Like

@Customer_Support Oh, I am genuinely sorry about such an inconvenience!

I’ll check things with our devs and get back to you a bit later.

@Customer_Support Could you please send us a video screencast of the issue? It would be tremendously helpful in investigating the issue :pray: