Use a custom icon or text link to trigger the google or all-in-one reviews badge popup

Hello, is there any way to have a custom button or link trigger the google or all-in-one reviews badge popup instead of using elfsight’s default badge?

1 Like

Hi @Savvas_Savvas_Kyriak! We are so happy to see you in our Community! Welcome :heart:

Our devs will gladly try to help you with this customization. To do this, we need the following information:

1. what button would you like to have?

2. do you have a popup widget or we need to create it ?

3. what reviews you’d like to be displayed?

Hi Max. Thank you for the warm welcome!
What I need is to have a regular text link or an image to trigger the popup of a Google Reviews badge. Is this possible ?
To answer your questions:

1. I need to be able to have this functionality for any text, button or image I add in my HTML.
  2. I’m referring to the popup of the Google Reviews Badge (either static or floating)
  3. Any Google Reviews widget based on the class ID I guess.
    Thank you so much.
1 Like

Hi @Savvas_Savvas_Kyriak

I am so sorry for this misunderstanding!

In this case, firstly, you just need to install Google Reviews widget if it’s not installed yet and add the image or link to trigger popup.

Once you do this, please send me a direct link to the webpage with the widget and image/link.

We’ll be happy to help!

Hi Max,

OK take this page for example: https://injurylaw.pagedemo.co/
There is a “Rated 5/5 by clients on” text on the top right of the page that I’d like to have it trigger the google review’s badge popup window. Right now it’s just linking directly to the reviews at Google.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Savvas_Savvas_Kyriak :wave:

I’ve forwarded your request to our devs! I’ll get back to you once I receive any updates.

@Savvas_Savvas_Kyriak We noticed that your webpage https://injurylaw.pagedemo.co/ is no longer available:

Could you please send me a link to your live page where you’d like to have this customization?

Sorry about, you can use this URL Philadelphia Dog Bite Injuries Lawyer | Law Office of Jeffrey Penneys

1 Like

Hi @Savvas_Savvas_Kyriak!

I have checked your website and it turns out that your Google Reviews widgets are blocked for the domain - call.thedogbitelawyer.com.

For the customization, we need this domain to be activated.

You can look at Statistics tab of your widget in your Elfsight app dashboard, and if this domain is really blocked you can click on ‘Unblock Domain’ button to make the widget display again - Hiding a widget - Elfsight Help Center.

However, if any difficulties come up, please let us know. We’ll be happy to help