Urgent UI Enhancements Needed for Google Widget API

Hello,

:exclamation: I am currently facing a problem with your Google widget. Although the modifications look great on your website, they are significantly less attractive when accessed via the API.

:exclamation: Could you please review how the First and Last Names are displayed? They are excessively cramped. I would appreciate it if you could add some space between the letters in the names through the API. I am attaching a screenshot to demonstrate how tightly packed they are.

:exclamation: In a similar vein, the “Review us on Google” button and generally all textual elements have insufficient spacing between letters, which is visually uncomfortable.

:exclamation: Additionally, the “Posted on Google” icon on your site looks very different compared to its appearance on my site when edited. The text is too small, and there is too much space between lines. Could you please make updates to ensure it looks visually appealing on all platforms?

Thank you for taking the time to address these UI issues to enhance the widget’s appearance and functionality.

Best regards,
George

9 Likes

@George7 Thank you for the feedback!

I’ll discuss with the devs if it’s possible to adjust the appearance of these elements. I’ll report back once I receive a response from them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Indeed, anything is possible if there is a will to make it happen)

This issue occurs because of the font used on your website. This font was applied to the widget, that’s why all the elements look cramped.

To fix this issue, please set any other font for the widget using this code in the Custom CSS field on the Style tab of your widget’s settings:

* {
  font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;
}

Give it a try and let me know how it worked :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you @Max !

1 Like

You are always welcome :wink:

1 Like