Search Result should open in the same window!

Hall Elfsight Team,

it would be great if the search function would open the search result in the same window. And not open a new window like every search. If I search 6 times, 6 new windows will open. It would be great if the search function would open the result on the active page and not open a new one. Then the search function would be perfect. thanks

Regards, dake

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 9

Currently, the search widget opens the search result in a new browser tab. Because my search results are on my website, I would rather have the search result open in the same browser tab. I think it would be great for the widget to provide the option. Thank you!

Hi folks!

I’m happy to say that an option to open the search result in the same window out now! :rocket:

You can check it out on your Search widget Settings tab → Open Links in New Browser Tab:

Screenshot 12-29-2022 15.01.58

Feel free to share your feedback, we’ll be happy to hear from you!