Search App Displaying deleted web pages in the results

HI… The search app is displaying deleted web pages on our squarespace site. I wondered if anyone had some insight on how to stop this from happening? Any advice would be really appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I’m really sorry that our Search widget is giving you trouble, and I’ll do my best to help :slight_smile:

Could you please send me an example of the deleted page that still shows up in the search result? I’ll be happy to check everything for you!

Thank you responding and for the warm welcome.

Our web address is https://www.cps.scot and if we search for Financial Framework the previous years financial framework appears at the top even though it has been deleted. See the image below.

1 Like

Thanks for the info provided!

I’ve checked your website, and it seems your website hasn’t been indexed after those pages were deleted.

Could you please check your website indexation and request indexing if needed? You can do that here: Ask Google to Recrawl Your Website | Google Search Central  |  Documentation  |  Google Developers

Once your website is indexed the deleted pages should not show up in the Search widget as well.

Please let me know if it helped!

Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

Anytime! :slight_smile: