Seamless Mobile Listening Experience (Like Audible)

I’ve been using Elfsight to host audio content on my WordPress site and noticed something that could really improve our experience, especially for those of us on mobile devices. When listening to audio tracks (like audiobooks or playlists), the playback stops once the screen sleeps. It’s somewhat helpful that the current track plays to the end, but the playback doesn’t continue to the next track unless I wake my phone and open the browser.

This setup requires manual intervention for each new track, which isn’t ideal, especially for longer playlists or audiobook chapters. What if we have, say, 30 tracks to go through? The current workaround disrupts the flow of continuous listening.

Ideal Feature Request: I’m proposing a feature enhancement where the Elfsight Audio Player hosted in an iFrame supports uninterrupted background audio playback on mobile devices, mimicking the seamless experience apps like Audible offer. The goal is for the player to not only continue playing through an entire playlist or series of tracks without stopping when the screen goes off but also to automatically proceed to the next track without needing to manually wake the device.

This feature would significantly boost user engagement, as listeners could enjoy their audio content non-stop, hands-free, and without the constant need to interact with their device. It aligns with the mobile-first approach many of us are taking and could make Elfsight an even more attractive option for hosting audio content.

What do you all think? Could this enhancement increase the value you get from using Elfsight for your audio content? I believe it’s a win-win for both users and the platform, making audio content more accessible and enjoyable for everyone.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and hoping the Elfsight team considers this for a future update!

2 Likes

Hey there @Ken_Roberts :wave:

I really like your idea, thanks for sharing!

I totally agree that this functionality would enhance our app and elevate the user experience! We will try to think this opportunity over and hopefully, we’ll be able to implement it in the future.

All the updates will be posted here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like