RSS feed pulling random URLs

  • Issue description: The RSS feed seems to be pulling in web links that it shouldn’t. It seems to be pulling in a twitter feed link from a page within the site it’s calling from as its own feed. Here is the page from the site that has the link Woman Who "Rose From the Dead" Dies One Week Later I’ve attached a screen grab that shows the issue.

  • Link to the page with the widget in question: This is the site that uses the RSS feed: and the link above is one of the sites that content is being called from.

1 Like

Hi @Albert :wave:

I see the issue and I am really sorry!

I’ve sent your request to our devs and will let you know as soon as I have any news for you.

Hi @Albert :wave:

Thank you for waiting!

Our devs have checked the source (Your Everyday Entertainment) and found the reason why this link is displayed in your feed.

You need to remove this part from the source and the link will be removed:

Please check it and let me know if it helped :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the reply but it doesn’t really answer why that is being called by the RSS feed. I realize we can remove it but that exact code is being used in other places down that very page and other posts and it’s working fine. It seems like there is something else going on with the feed? Please let me know if you have any other insight. Thanks

1 Like

I am so sorry for being not clear enough!

I’ll discuss the case with our devs once again and get back to you a bit later.

Hi @Albert :wave:

Thank you for waiting!

I’ve talked to our devs and they’ve provided me with a following explanation on the issue.

The content is being pulled in because RSS source has links, and our widget creates a request to these links, which gathers all the meta tags from the page and returns their data. Afterwards, a website card is created.

Your RSS uses not direct links to publications, but their redirects (shortenings). Therefore, the widget makes a request to this link, and in response, it only gets the source link, without a description and title:

This is why we see just the link to the publication in the card.

To fix the issue, you need to use direct links to the publication in the RSS:

Please let me know if this explains things or if you have any other questions.