Responsive Slider

Make the container with the images responsive, so it doesn’t have to be cropped out.

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 21

Original comment from Thomas Brunner transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from John transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Benj Rivera transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hello folks!

Thanks a lot for your comments and support.

I’m really sorry that we haven’t improved the Slider widget’s behaviour yet. Unfortunately, we still face a couple of complications and we’re still searching for the best solution.

Benji, your suggestions sound really great, and we’d be very grateful if you could open a separate request for them. In this case, you’ll be able to get notifications regarding that particular request.

Thank you so much for your understanding and for sticking with us!

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Original comment from Matt transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Reteach Media transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Dear folks,

Thank you for your comments, they are more than reasonable!

I totally agree that it’s a great frustration to have a not fully responsive widget, and I’m extremely sorry about it.

Our dev team surely bare this issue in mind, and they’ll do their best to resolve it in one of the nearest updates.

I’m so sorry that this issue turned out to be a bit more complicated than we had expected.

Thank you so much for your understanding! :pray:t2:

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hello,

Much as I’d love to give you some hope, I’m afraid I cannot :sweat:

Unfortunately, this feature is unlikely to be released within Q2-Q3, we’re extremely sorry about it :pensive:

Original comment from David Basler transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Angelo Di-Benedetto transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Is it also possible to specify with the slider that the image is scaled down proportionally? It currently takes a pre-cautious image section

Hi there,

It would be really useful if an option could be added to the slider so the aspect ratio of media is maintained. For example, at the moment if you upload a standard 3:2 photo, you never quite get to see the full image as it’s either being cropped at the top and bottom or on the sides.

If a ‘maintain aspect ratio’ button was then ticked, the images would always display at 3:2 ratio, and as the browser window is made smaller or larger the images would scale accordingly.

Thanks!

David

1 Like

Hi David, I totally agree with you, thanks a lot for your detailed comment!

I’ve moved your suggestion to the thread with a similar idea, and I’ll make sure to keep you updated on the progress :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help, and welcome to the Elfsight Community! :raised_hands:t2:

any movement towards a fluid and responsive video slider ? - this is extremely important and shouldn’t be that difficult or time consuming of a long overdue update for the dev team - a little JS code - some CSS customization and maybe inline HTML when we embed in a page - really disappointing and surprising this isn’t built in / plug and play - please update !!

1 Like

@user2321 thank you for your comment and for joining our community!

I’m truly sorry that our Slider is not responsive as it should be, and I do understand all the inconvenience. I’ve reminded our dev team about this request, and I hope they will be able to add it to their roadmap.

I’ll make sure to keep you updated in this thread, and once again I’m so sorry that it’s taking that long :pray:t2:

yes please! Since everything is centered and most people are viewing on mobile devices, this severely limits the user experience for desktop since we have to cram everything into the mobile view.

1 Like

@FKQ thanks for your comment, and welcome to the Elfsight Community! :clap:t2:

Yes, I’ve reminded our devs about this request so that they know that this request is of great demand. Really hope they will be able to consider it for one of the nearest updates :slight_smile:

Many thanks for sharing your use case, your help is highly appreciated!