Question about PDF

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:

I would love if PDFs or other files that I have embedded on my website did not show, when readers click to open them, Elfsight’s web address.

Is there a way to have them downloaded automatically instead of opening them first on your webpage? Or open them in a neutral webpage?

Showing your web address as the provider of this service is a bit contradictory, according to me, with the fact you offer logo removal if customers pay for a basic, pro or enterprise subscription.

Thank you very much :slightly_smiling_face:
Erica

1 Like

Hello @user985 and we are happy to see you in the place on the Earth :earth_africa: Welcome to Elfsight Community :rocket: :heart_hands:

What I have to explain is that, instead of getting downloaded, most PDF files open in a new tab or window of your chosen browser by default. This behavior depends on your browser’s settings, and in most browsers you need to manually change them to be able to download PDF files right away.

Unfortunately, widget settings cannot override browser settings and that’s why it is not possible to implement an automatic download of the PDF files, I’m very sorry.

I hope this explains things.

I f you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like