Photo Categories - Tag and Filter Photos in Gallery

Ability to create and add tags to photos, and tabs at the top of the gallery to select a tag to filter by (including All)

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 2

Original comment from Joaquim LeĂŁo transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hello folks,

John, thanks for submitting this idea!

Our dev team will try to consider it for the widget’s future updates as it does sound good.

However, the kind suggestion in the comment below could really work for you. Please check the Portfolio widget which does support Categories - Portfolio Gallery - Add Portfolio widget to your website (free and fast).

Should any questions come up, please don’t hesitate to ask :blush:

Original comment from John Emrich transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Allow tagging of images and a way to Filter by those tags.

Examples:

1 Like

@user2725 many thanks for sharing your idea, and welcome to the Elfsight Community!

I’ve merged your request with a similar one, and I’ll make sure to keep you updated on the progress here.

By the way, our Portfolio Gallery app already has an option to set categories, maybe it might come in handy for you too :slight_smile:

Oh man, would really love if this feature could be brought to the Photogallery Widget! Already purchased it before knowing that portfolio would suit the needs better.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your comment, @Julian_Elia!

Got you, we’ll really try to consider this request in our future updates, I’ll keep you in the loop :slight_smile:

And yes, welcome to the community, we’re happy to have you with us! :hugs:

I want to separate photos based on “topics” and categorize them so it’s more organized and viewers can click the page they want to look at.
E.g.) Separate folders for “wedding” “fashion” and “Commercial” and each category of photos would be under the folders/pages- similar to one of the YouTube galleries where you can group videos.

1 Like

Hey there and welcome to the Community @Yuki_Kodo :wave:

Thank you so much for adding your idea to the Wishlist!

We already have a similar idea and I’ve moved your comment there too. We’ll keep you abreast of any changes here :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, we have a Portfolio app that includes this functionality and might be a better option for your use case. Feel free to check it out - Portfolio Gallery - Add Portfolio widget to your website (free and fast)

Catagories for the photo gallery would be awesome.

1 Like

HI @Ronald1 :wave:

Many thanks for sharing your feedback!

Glad to tell you that we already have such an idea in the Wishlist. I’ve moved your comment to the dedicated thread where we’ll keep you informed about any changes :slightly_smiling_face:

In the meantime, feel free to check our Portfolio app. It supports categories and may be more suitable for your case :slightly_smiling_face: