Only 3 items pulled into instagram feed

hi please can you help me work out why only 3 images from my insta feed are showing? I have checked all settings and tried setting number items to 0 and to 12 and other numbers. Also it’s a random 3 images, not the most recent 3 either. Thanks. Screenshot attached.

Hi Gaby and welcome!

I’m so very sorry to know that our Instagram Feed is giving you a hard time now.

I have to admit that some accounts really might experience such an issue, and our dev team are already working on this at this very moment.

I’ve added your account to the list as the one with this issue, and I’ll keep you updated on how things going here.

If you have any other questions, please do let me know here as well, I’ll do my best to assist you!

Once again, we’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience :pray:t2:

Hey @Helga is this still an issue?

Our feed is displaying blank squares from some posts:

Hi @robt! Oh I’m so sorry about it :frowning:

Although we’re trying our hardest to minimize this issue, sometimes it still might occur randomly, unfortunately.

I’ve escalated it to our developers and I’ll get back to you as soon as I have news :pray:t2:

Hi @robt, thanks for your patience!

I’d love to say that all your Instagram Feed widgets work fine now on my end – could you please check them and let me know if you’re good?

Hey @Helga it worked yesterday but now there are squares missing again

Hi @robt, my apologies for the long wait!

I’ve reset your account, so everything should be fine now. Could you please check and let me know if you’re good?

I’m so sorry that you had to face this annoying issue :pensive:

@Helga

We are running into issues again. We have set to show 16 posts using our specific culture hashtag. We have 22 total posts with the hashtag

The display shows 9 posts, then 3 empty squares, and not the last 4 posts.

I don’t understand why we are having constant issues here

@robt, I cannot apologize enough for this annoying issue coming up for you.

I’ve escalated it to our developers, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I have news.

Once again, I’m so sorry about this situation, we’ll try to find a solution in the shortest possible time :pray:t2:

Hi @robt, thanks a lot for your patience!

We’ve checked things, and this is what we have to say here:

With the way our widget now works, it takes the first 50 posts from your username, and only after that applies a filter with your hashtag. This way, the widget will display those posts with your hashtag that were within the latest 50 posts in your account. I’m really sorry about this inconvenience! :pray:t2:

However, I’d recommend you adding your hashtag as a source (instead of the username). Since your hashtag is unique, only your posts will be displayed in the widget.

If you have other questions, please do let me know, I’ll be happy to help.

hi @Helga just some clarification about your response

With the way our widget now works, it takes the first 50 posts from your username

you also said

This way, the widget will display those posts with your hashtag that were within the latest 50 posts in your account

so is this the first 50 posts or last 50 posts?

The idea of the using the hashtag as a source would provide the correct content in the feed, but then we won’t have the module with our name, image, followers, etc at the top, which is the main point of embedding our IG posts - 07.15.2022-09.51.21

Hi @robt, my apologies for the unclear reply, I did mean the latest 50 posts, i.e. the freshest ones.

I’m really sorry that the idea of the hashtag using will not work out, I understand your use case.

I’ve consulted our developers regarding this matter one more time, and I hate to say it, but I’m afraid there is no option to change this behaviour or somehow display more posts by the hashtag. I’m really sorry about this :pensive:

Hey @Helga

Okay, so I updated our feed to show the most recent 8 posts with the hashtag we want to use. Not what we want to do but a workaround.

Today, the 1st and 4th post of the feed are displaying white squares, and the second page containing posts 5-8 are displaying correctly.

What is the problem here and how can we have a permanent fix?

Hi @robt, I cannot apologize enough for all the inconvenience our Instagram Feed widget has caused to you :pensive:

Unfortunately, it’s getting more and more difficult to work with Instagram seamlessly, although we do our best to maintain the performance on our end. I totally understand your frustration, and I assure you that we’re searching for ways to make the widget more stable.

Meanwhile, I’ve updated your source manually, so the widget should work correctly now. Could you please clear the cache and let me know if everything’s fine?

Hey @Helga all 8 images are loading correctly now, thank you.

Is there a long-term solution to get these to display correctly?

1 Like

Thank you for your kind reply, @robt!

I do believe this issue will not come up for you again, and we in turn will do our best to keep your widgets safe.

But if any help needed, I’m always here for you.