[MAJOR UPDATE]: Introducing the Share Projects feature in your Dashboard! ⚡

Hey everyone :wave:

We’re super pumped to finally roll out the dashboard feature you’ve been waiting for – Share Projects! Now you can invite your teammates to jump in on your projects and collaborate in an awesome way :rocket:

What’s inside the update?

This functionality is available starting with Pro plans

Invitations are sent by email, and recipients just need to click Accept Invitation

After accepting the invitation, your team members will see a Shared with me section on My Apps tab, featuring widgets for the projects they've been invited to

Invited users will be displayed with the role Can Edit Widgets

List of the options available for invited users

Invited users can:

• Edit widgets and Rename them

• Download form responses in CSV

• Get the widget’s installation code and its Share link

• Hide/Show widgets on the website

Guys, did you like the new feature? What’s your take on it? Share your experiences and ask questions in the comments below :point_down:

4 Likes

Great news, will be testing shortly

1 Like

A note after initial test,

User needs to have an Elfsight account set up already or set one up after clicking the email invite. If they create a new elfsight account, on login initially they will not see the shared folder, they need to go back to emails and re-click the invitation. This may not be apparent to most, and many may not go back to email and click the invitation once more.

1 Like

Good note :+1:

Actually, if the invited user follows the invitation link sent to his email, the invitation will be automatically accepted after the registration.

However, if the user is signing up in another session (for example, with the dashboard opened in a new tab), he’ll have to accept the invitation once again. This was done for security purposes.

Please let me know if this explains things or if you have any further questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Makes sense I think, if thats how I did it. How do we remove an email from project? I used a test email initially on the clients folder, but now can’t add another or remove existing for them on Pro plan?

1 Like

To remove the invited user from the project, click 3 dots in the project card and choose Share:

After that, click 3 dots next to the invited user and choose Remove Member:

Check it out and let me know how it worked :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah I found it thanks, Main issue appears to be, as many will also find, is that we can only share access with a single client, not even 1 per folder? This unfortunately was the main benefit of this update many of us were hoping. I have over 250+ clients, how can elfsight support this common and popular issue? Thanks again.

P.S Pro-Plan customer who has already purchased 3 years of subscriptions in advance as you had an offer on one weekend :frowning:

1 Like

Apologies for the delayed response!

We haven’t finalized plans for project sharing yet, but you can reach out to our Support Team at https://help.elfsight.com/?contact=1 for any limit/pricing inquiries. They’ll be happy to help :slightly_smiling_face: