Importing your restaurant menu from excel would be very easy.
Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! ![]()
Original Votes: 2
Hi Erik,
Thanks for adding your request!
I see how convenient it would be to import the menu, and we’ll be happy to consider your idea for our future updates.
Thank you for helping us!
So that not to add it manually all the time.
We run directory sites. Some restaurants put their menu on facebook, some in different locations. It would be helpful if we could dynamically pull in their menu and display it on our site, just like an RSS reader, or the All-in-One Reviews widget.
Thanks for adding your comment!
This is a really cool suggestion, but pretty much difficult to implement, too. Anyway, we’ll strive to think it over in our future enhancements. We’ll keep you in the loop here ![]()
One by one menu edit time waste
Welcome, @Erik54 ![]()
We’re thrilled to have you here in our Community!
I completely get where you’re coming from, and I couldn’t agree more about importing menus from Excel – it would be a huge time-saver!
We already have a similar request on our Wishlist, and I’ve just added your request there too. You can keep an eye on all the updates right here ![]()
Thanks a bunch for being an active member of our Community!
Any chance this import from excel menu idea is coming soon?
Much as I’d love to give hope to you, I’m afraid we don’t have any ETA for this feature. I am so sorry!
We understand how beneficial this feature could be for our users and we’ll try to think it over in our future updates.
Your engagement in our Community means a lot to us - thank you so much!
18 months down the line and still no import from excel or csv?
We were really interested in this Restaurant Menu widget and held off buying it for a Joomla website.
Without the import facility it was a non-starter and we have purchased an alternative product…
Hi there, @itfidds ![]()
Thank you so much for the feedback!
This is really sad to know that you’ve decided to switch the app, but I completely understand your decision.
We wish we could release the new features faster, but the high number of requests and the complexities involved, make it hard to speed things up.
Let’s hope the devs will be able to consider this feature in the future and we’ll make sure to update you in case of any changes ![]()
Please, when will this feature be available?
Hi there, @Harry_Oti ![]()
I am really sorry, but we don’t have any specific timeline for this feature at the moment. As soon as any news comes up, we’ll update you in this thread ![]()
Hello Max,
If Elfsight could create the ability to import the main dining menu items, menu course, menu item title, menu item description, and menu item price, instead of having users manually enter the bulk of that information, that would be EXTREMELY helpful.
Hi there, @web_dev1 ![]()
Thanks you so much for the feedback!
Could you please describe where you’d like to import the menu items from? Is it Excel, CSv or any other source?
A .csv would be most universal, and yet I’m sure we would all be happy in Excel or Googleseheets…
Got it, thanks!
I cannot but agree that it would be an awesome enhancement! Hopefully the devs will be able to consider it in the future. We’ll update you here in case of any changes ![]()