Google Reviews are not displayed

I am currently having the exact same issue. I am trying to use the reviews widget. I have found my business in the elfsight search bar but like the issue above, it is saying no reviews. I can see my reviews on Google just fine but elfsight cannot find them.

1 Like

Hi @Chris18 and welcome to Elfsight Community :heart:

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Unfortunately, our Google Reviews widget is experiencing some technical issues at the moment.

Our devs are already working on a solution. After the fix is ready, it will be automatically applied to your widget, you won’t have to do anything on your end.

I will get back to you as soon as I receive any news from the developers.

Thank you for understanding and for sticking with us!

I was able to find my business using the address and I also found it using the embed link from google maps. However, Elfsight is displaying the error “No reviews found. Please make sure the source is correct, that it has reviews and that filter settings do not exclude all the reviews.” We have over 200 reviews on Google and none of them appear on Elfsight. The source is correct and there are no filters added. Is the widget completely broken or have I made a mistake somewhere?

Hi @Chris18!

Glad to inform you that the issue was fixed!

Could you please check your widget and let me know if everything is fine?

I am currently having the exact same issue too.

1 Like

I am also having the same issue, no reviews found.

1 Like

Hello guys @Nubi @Electrician_Network! Welcome to Elfsight Community :wave:

I am terribly sorry for all the inconvenience caused by the issue!

I’ve forwarded your requests to our devs and, hopefully, they’ll come up with a solution really soon!

I’ll immediately get back to you as soon as I receive any news!

Thank you for your patience and understanding :pray:

Hey guys @Nubi @Electrician_Network

The issue with your widget is fixed!

Could you please check it and let me know if everything is fine on your side?

Hello Max,
now it’s been a few days that these Google Reviews exist, currently I tried again, but it still does not work. Where is the problem?
Thanks Mike

1 Like

Hello @Michael15! Happy to see you here! Welcome to Community :heart:

At the moment, our Google Reviews widgets are experiencing some technical difficulties. I am terribly sorry for all the inconvenience caused :pensive:

I’ve forwarded your request to our devs. I’ll immediately get back to you as soon as I receive any news!

Thank you for your patience and understanding :pray:

Hi Max, yes the issue has been resolved, thank you very much for your help!

1 Like

@Electrician_Network No sweat!

Have a great day :wink:

Hi @Michael15!

The issue is fixed!

Could you please check it and let me know how it works for you?

Hi Max

thanks a lot. Everything works now. Thanks for your great support:)

Best Mike

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-03 um 12.12.01.png

(Attachment info.vcf is missing)

1 Like

This is also happening to me as well. I need this to be fixed!!!

Hi @Williams_probuilder and welcome to Community :heart:

The new reviews don’t appear on your website right away because of the cache. The cache time for Yelp Reviews is 72 hours.

I hope this explains things.

However, if it’s been more than 72 hours, and the reviews still didn’t appear, please let us know. We’ll be happy to check things :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s been longer then 72 hours!!

At the moment, you have 3 reviews. The first review was left on June 11, 2023:

So, the cache time should expire tomorrow.

Please let me know if this explains things or if you have any other questions.

So it will do this for all of the reviews it’s a little confusing that this is not an automictic thing. I tried to do another one for google review and it did the same thing. This really should be a BIG fix which alot of people are having this issue.

Hi @Williams_probuilder!

I have to say that all our Reviews widget have cache time (Google Reviews - 48 hours, all the other - 72 hours)

Our Reviews widgets use cache to make it load faster and to reduce the server load, so it doesn’t request a review source each time someone browses your feed.

Instead, it requests the review source once in every 72 /48 (for Google) hours, pulls in the reviews, stores them in the cache, and displays them from the cache. After the cache is expired, the widget requests the source for reviews again, and that’s when the new ones make it to your feed.

I apologize for the long refreshment time, but unfortunately, due to some technical restrictions, we cannot reduce it now. We’re hoping to reduce the cache time in our future updates, but so far we don’t have a specific timeline.

I’ve checked your website and see that all Yelp reviews are displayed now.

As for the Google Reviews issue, could you please send me your Google Business Name or Google Place ID? I’ll be happy to check things for you :slightly_smiling_face: