GDPR compliant contact form

My client business is based in EU
I have report from cookiebot for embedded contact form on client site.
Data is sent to: United States (not adequate).
This is huge problem for people from Europe

1 Like

Hello @Nebojsa and we are happy to greet you at the best place in the world :earth_africa: Welcome to Elfsight Community :tada:

It’s understandable that cookies are not something everyone is fond of, so we’ve successfully disabled them for you!

Could you please confirm that everything’s fine now on your end?

I don’t have problem with your cookie, I have problem with storage data. When I test elfsight contact form on cookiebot It’s said that data goes to server outside from Europe. By the law of EU GDPR DATA PROTECTION, storage of data outside the EU is forbidden by the GDPR, and elfsight storage data on server in USA.

Same Problem here

Google-Map on: http://bahnhofleinhausen.de/

And here: Werbeagentur Hannover

And here https://leinerausch.eu/

And several websites more!

Conclusion: your extensions cannot be used in the EU!!!

We need a quick solution - for example data only within the EU - or a way that the user must first actively consent before the app loads.

Otherwise, all users within the EU will have to remove your apps from their websites. We would then terminate the contracts accordingly.

Best regards
Thorsten

1 Like

There is also new regulation with google fonts.
https://cookie-script.com/blog/google-fonts-and-gdpr

Hello folks,

I’m so sorry about this unfavourable situation! We’ll definitely get into this with the team tomorrow (we’re out of office already, unfortunately), and I’ll get back to you with the results right away.

Thanks a lot for your comments and the info provided!

Hello, thanks a lot for your patience!

We’ve discussed the matter with the team, and here’s the thing:

@Nebojsa, @Thorsten According to the screenshots you provided, the cause of the issue is the cookie that was identified by your tool. We can surely disable this cookie for you so that it doesn’t cause any difficulties. However, if you meant some other data, could you please elaborate on that?

Thank you!

Hello,
many thanks for your response.
Then I would like to ask you to deactivate all cookies in my account and to explain to me how I can deactivate cookies in future Elfsight apps.
Many Thanks.
Sincerely
Thorsten

1 Like

Hello @Thorsten, thank you for your reply!

I’ve successfully disabled the cookie in your account, so you’re welcome to keep using your widgets and create new ones – this cookie will no longer affect them.

Please let me know if everything’s fine now or if there’s anything else I could help you with :slight_smile:

Hello @Helga,

Thank you very much.
I noticed that on this website:

A cookie is sent to the USA from the weather widget.

Can you please disable that? Or show me how to do it myself?

Thanks and best regards
Thorsten

1 Like

Hi Thorsten!

I’ve successfully disabled cookies for this account as well, so this issue should not arise from now on.

I’m afraid, the only option to do disable cookies is to do it on our end, but I’ll be happy to help if anything of this kind is needed in the future :slight_smile:

Please let me know if everything’s fine now.

Hello @Helga,

I tested another website and there it found again a cookie that is sent to the USA…
Werbeagentur Schulz-Design

I understood you that you had deactivated all cookies in my account.

To bring you closer to the importance: In the EU, cookies are FORBIDDEN in the USA and can lead to lawsuits and warnings! In Germany there was already a judgment on this.

Therefore my urgent request: please deactivate all cookies in my account and in all extensions. Or let me know where I can do it myself. This is super important and I want to be able to rely on you.

Many thanks and best regards
Thorsten

@Thorsten I’m terribly sorry for this inconvenience!

I’ve made sure that cookies are disabled for this account: info@sch*********.info

I’m really sorry that the only option to disable cookies lies on our side, but we’ll try to think what could be improved here.

Also, if you have other accounts that need to be adjusted this way as well, please send them all to me, I’ll be happy to assist. You can do so in private messages.

My sincere apologies for the trouble!

Hello @Helga,

thank you very much.

Can I now be sure that all cookies are disabled for all extensions in my account?

I’ll keep an eye on it and get back to you if necessary. However, it would be nice if the cookies were now deactivated. That calms you down. I don’t want to risk any warnings or penalties - not even for my customers.

What happens if I want to create new extensions in my account? Are these automatically deactivated, or do I have to contact you again?

Best regards
Thorsten

Hello Thorsten, thanks a lot for your kind reply!

I can confirm that the cookies are disabled for your account, and new widgets created will not affect this status. Hence, the issue should not come up from now on, even if you’ll create new widgets.

I hope there will be no hiccups like this, but should any help is needed, I’m always here for you :pray:t2:

Hello @Helga

I’m mighty angry!
Today I received a warning from a lawyer because Google fonts were loaded on the following website:

However, I could not find any reloading fonts in my template. Only after a thorough search did I find out that the Google map from you reloads the Google font ‘Roboto’.

How can that be?
I took your word for it.
And who is going to pay for my damage now?
The lawyer is demanding damages from me.

I don’t think you are aware of how explosive the topic of data protection is here in Europe.

1 Like

Same Problem here: http://bahnhofleinhausen.de/

Hello @Thorsten

This is Maksim stepping in for Helga.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the frustration caused!

Your case is quite individual that’s why we’ve contacted you at info@s*********n.info in a support ticket.

Could you please check your inbox?

We’ll be looking forward to your reply in a support ticket!

1 Like