Feature Discussion: Share access to your Elfsight account

I asked for this when I first signed up - we can do it on other platforms and its such a no brainer giving clients the chance to add events, format their style etc. No prices, no access to anything other than their widget. Please, please can we have this?

1 Like

Hi @Pam, totally feel you! We also think that this feature is a must, and we’re doing everything possible to release it as soon as possible :slight_smile:

socialpilot.co is a great precedence for this initiative. If you could follow the way they have theirs set up then it would be an amazing resource.

Currently I have remote freelancers that update the data on the menu widget you have and it makes me uncomfortable that they have full access to all widgets on multiple client sites.

1 Like

@Creative_Troy, a huge thank you for the example, Troy! We’ll be happy to check it out, I’m sure we’ll find it helpful :slight_smile:

I do understand your feelings, and I wish we could expedite the release. Hopefully, our devs will pull it off!

Oh, and welcome to the forum, really happy to have you join :hugs:

Yes! I’d love this feature. As an independent contractor, it would be especially great to be able to share individual apps with some clients, and other apps with others.

1 Like

@Brennan awesome that you shared, thanks a lot! Yeah, this feature seems to be a must, we can’t wait to have it released, too :slight_smile:

Stay tuned, and welcome to the community!

I am also very interested by this new feature. I’d like to be able to share widgets with other Elfsight accounts (several co-workers who have to work on the same calendars). Having different levels of authorizations (only add new events, full control, for example) is a nice to have, but not mandatory for me.
Thanks and looking forward to the new feature!

1 Like

thanks brian2 i totally feel your pain on this one, I’ve had to setup a fake FB account just to handle the admin requests, whilst Insta is an absolutely breeze to setup.

1 Like

Welcome to the Elfsight forum guys and thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts!

@bcarne totally got your point! We’re now working hard on rebuilding our Dashboard, and we make every endeavour to include an option to share access in the release as well :slight_smile:

@michael24 I also feel you and I’m so sorry that at the moment things are not as convenient as could be :frowning: But this feature is really crucial for us as well, so we’re trying our hardest to make it as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Hi guys! Since you all are waiting for the Agency account, I thought I could ask this question here :slight_smile:

When thinking over options for the Agency account (it’s true, we’re actively discussing it these days!), we’ve come up with one question which could help us choose the right direction.

Could you please take part in the poll and share your use cases?

The question itself: How often do you have to switch between the projects (clients), i.e. working with widgets for one client and then switching to work with widgets for another client?

• Often during the day
  • once a day
  • once a week
  • once a month

0 voters

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Yes, would love to be able to share client access to very specific widgets that they can create / modify / update etc without interfering with other client’s widgets as well :+1:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Merge Elfsight Accounts (Appsumo + Regular)

Has any of these been released yet? Can we yet share access with a clients particular widgets? I have over 400 active web clients and would likely use an elfsight widget on most if this was available.

1 Like

@Helga Did any of these updates this get released?

Hey @user2450, thanks a lot for your comment!

What I can tell for sure is our devs are working on the option to share access to your widgets, and this task is in progress now. You can vote for it here: Add team members to your account

The reason why it is not available yet is that we have to release our new Dashboard first (which is a huge task) and then release ‘share access’ option.

The good news is that we’re on the verge of introducing our new Dashboard (all the widgets have already been transferred to the new configurator, meaning that the main hurdle has been overcome). Once it’s done, we expect to have ‘share access’ option released within a couple of months :slight_smile:

Of course, I’ll keep you updated about all the changes here!

1 Like

and a multi language dashboard would be great!

2 Likes

@Klayton absolutely! It would be great if you could leave this request in our wishlist: Elfsight Dashboard - Elfsight Community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!
cheers from Argentina!

any update on this? im building a website and I need to know if I should use elfsight or move to another tool with team management, because is for a client, I of course I don’t want to give them access to my account

1 Like

Hi @Agencia, happy to hear from Argentina! :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m happy to say that the ETA for this feature is the end of August!

You can follow the updates by voting for this request: Add team members to your account :slight_smile:

Yes - Do It. Oh, you are. Cool. OK I’m late - and the party can start now !!! Woot. Woot. Sub accounts and teams - yay !!!

3 Likes