Event Calendar not saving properly?

Hello! I’ve been having problems with my event calendar saving my work. If I enter more than one event in my calendar and click the “Save” button, the events have often disappeared when I re-open my calendar. This makes working on my calendar very time-consuming, because I have many events and I have to “save” and exit the calendar everytime I create one event, then re-open it to continue entering my other events.

I find that this problem is even worse if I need to open other tabs or apps to get the information I want to put into my calendar. For example, if I copy and paste information from an Excel spreadsheet, opening the spreadsheet for a few seconds and then going back to the calendar will make it even more likely to loose my events after having saved the calendar.

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Hi @user3095 and welcome to Community :heart:

I am really sorry about this inconvenience!

I’ve informed our devs about the issue. I’ll get back to you once I receive any news :rocket:

1 Like

Hi @user3095 :wave:

I am so sorry for the delayed reply!

Our devs checked your widgets and, unfortunately, couldn’t catch the issue.

Could you please send us a video screencast of the issue (the process of creating, saving and disappearing of events), it would be tremendously helpful!

1 Like

Hi Max,

Thank you so much for your reply! I don’t know if it’s a coïncidence or if your devs helped out with something, but my widgets are much faster since I posted my question and that already helps a lot! Also, I’ve been trying to use the Apply button more often and that has helped a lot as well. With those two elements combined (faster loading and using the apply button), what I’ve described previously has only occured twice this week. However, the events and changes that had disappeared were only those created since the last time I used the Apply button, so the consequences weren’t that bad, at least.

Since it hasn’t happened much this week and was unpredictable, I wasn’t able to film it. However, if it starts happening very often again, I will definitely film it and send it!

Thank you for your help!

3 Likes

Hi @user3095 :wave:

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Sure thing, if the issue comes up again, we’ll gladly look into this.

Have a great day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes