Allow Number Counter to connect to external data for real time (or near real time) refresh

It would be amazing to be able to connect the Number Counter application to an external data soruce to allow the numbers to be refreshed in real time without the need to manually update them in the application every time they change. Something similar to world-o-meters or even what you are doing with your own Coronavirus tracker.

2 Likes

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 11

Hello Tony and folks!

Thanks a lot for adding this request.

Now when we have more possibilities to work with our wishlist closer than we used to, I’d love to specify a couple of things, so we understand your request better.

Could you please share how exactly you’d love to perform such a connection, via a link? If so, what a link is supposed to return?

Thanks a lot!

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hi Peter, and thank you for your comment!

I have to say that we don’t build widgets this way, I’m really sorry for the inconvenience :frowning:

We’re happy to collect your ideas here in wishlist and implement them as we go. For now, you’re welcome to vote for this feature request: Webhook | Feature Wishlist.

And if you have any other suggestions for this feature, please feel welcome to leave them in the comments :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your interest in our widgets!

Helga, Community Manager

Join our online meeting space — Community Forum
Get to know our team — Instagram

We are trying to create a counter that will increase as users register for our challenge. The easiest would be to be able to grab dynamic data from a google spreadsheet, and use it to modify an increasing counter. (Kind of like the Number Counter… but with data from an outside source…)

1 Like

@Summer_Dey thank you very much for your comment, and welcome to the Elfsight Community!

I do love your idea, and I’ve merged it with a similar request for our Number Counter app. Although this feature is quite complex, I still hope we’ll consider it in the future :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help, it’s highly appreciated!

Guys, this feature is in the works! I’ll post here as soon as I have more news to share :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing news, friends :boom:

We’ve added the External URL option that allows you to dynamically display live values in your widgets!

Find more details in this post - Number Counter: Show dynamic real-time values with External URL feature

1 Like