Add form to subject events for calendar

For a group shared or association calendar it would be helpful to have a form to submit all content for events. Images, descriptions, venue, etc to 1 email.
Or better yet, they could create events if in the group for the calendar

1 Like

@Jennifer_Buffington It’s wonderful that you’ve made a decision to be with us! Welcome :wave:

Great suggestion, indeed! If it’s going to gain ground, we’ll try to make it happen in one of the nearest updates :slightly_smiling_face:

Feel free to vote for other ideas, leave yours or ask questions - we’re always here for you!

We have an event widget that features events from across the community for people that share common interests.

It would be great to have a submission form that would allow any web visitor to submit all the information required to add that event to our events widget. Once submitted, ideally we would get an email showing all the information (maybe previewing how it will look on our site in the event widget) which we can review, and if acceptable, approve.

Once approved, the event would get added to our event listing, and the widget updates would get published.

As a web user, I want to submit my event to be shared on this event widget, so that my event can be featured/advertized.

As an event widget administrator that wants to feature relevant events on my website, I want a streamlined way of receiving and posting events from the community, so that I can efficiently add new events to my website from third parties.

1 Like

Hey there @user4596 and welcome to Community :wave:

A huge thank you for such a detailed description of your use case!

We already have such a request in our Wishlist, and I’ve moved your comment there. We’ll keep you abreast of any changes here :slightly_smiling_face:

Allow the elfsight form builder to populate a calendar dynamically (a little surprised this isn’t already available? Am I missing something?)

1 Like

Hi @Andy_Milligan :wave:

If I understood you correctly, you’d like to have an option to submit event via your Form Builder widget and these events should be dynamically added to the Event Calendar widget.

Unfortunately, this option isn’t supported now, I am so sorry! We have such a request in the Wishlist, and I’ve moved your comment there too. All the updates will be posted in this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

In case I misunderstood you, please share more details on your use case. I’ll gladly look into this for you!