Ability to publish private videos from Vimeo

I want to keep some videos private on Vimeo, but make them available for viewing on my Shopify store. I understand this is only a wish-list feature right now. I want to add my vote for it.

It’s definitely possible to publish private videos from Vimeo because the Sky Pilot app can already do it. Unfortunately, Sky Pilot places the videos in products, essentially putting them behind a paywall. That doesn’t work for me. I want to show the videos on the regular pages in my shopify store.

I suspect Elfsight already knows how important this feature is. For example, the Elfsight “connect to vimeo” widget is requesting access to private videos, as well as public ones.

So I’m hoping this is something Elfsight is already working on. Please let me know if there’s any chance to be a beta tester for this feature. I would be happy to help test.

Thanks,

Neil Cutcliffe

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 11

Original comment from hayley tillery transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Shane Brown transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Randy Kirschner transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Dear folks!

Thank you for your comments and ideas!

We’re sorry that our widget doesn’t have all the features you were looking for and we understand that this one would be really useful.

Our dev team will try their best to find out what can be done to make private videos displaying possible.

Thank you for your patience and help!

Original comment from Rick Donato transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Yes, this is a must have feature that I hope you will implement very soon as there are a lot of videos I don’t want to be public on vimeo, only on my website. Please make this happen ASAP. Thanks!

2 Likes

@user2617 thanks a lot for your comment and for sharing your use case!

We’ll try to think about this request in our future updates, and I’ll make sure to keep you updated in this thread :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help and welcome to the Elfsight Community! :hugs:

This is possible if they allow using the feature as Vimeo allows to just set as “hide from Vimeo” and still it’s available for embedded on sites. something using that should be worked out.

1 Like

Hi @NOTYi :wave:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

Unfortunately, this option isn’t supported in our app yet, but we’ll strive to consider such an opportunity in the future. We’ll keep you in the loop here :slightly_smiling_face:

This feature (displaying videos set to “Hide from Vimeo”) is the difference between paying for and using Elfsight or not. Hope this can be implemented soon otherwise, we will have to look elsewhere.

3 Likes

Hi @user5994 and welcome to Community :wave:

I cannot but agree that this feature would be really helpful for many users. I’ve drawn our dev team’s attention to this request, and I hope they will find it possible to include it in one of the future updates :slightly_smiling_face:

where can we see if this has been an added feature? I agree with the comment above as this will be whether or not we use the application as without being able to include hidden videos it would not meet our business model.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community @Steven_Hall :wave:

I am afraid, it’s hard to give any ETA for this feature at the moment. I am really sorry!

We see that this feature would enhance our app and we’ll try to take it under consideration. I’lll make sure to update here once any news come up :slightly_smiling_face:

Many thanks for pointing us in this direction, that’s highly appreciated!

• Issue description:

Unable to show private showcase and videos in vimeo gallery

Has anyone found a way to show a private showcase using vimeo gallery (or other solutions, if that can’t work)?

2 Likes

Hi there @user10134 and welcome to Elfsight family :wave:

Unfortunately, this functionality isn’t supported in our app. I am really sorry!

We already have such a request in the Wishlist/ I’ve moved your comment to the dedicated topic where we’ll post all the updates.

Thank you so much for sharing your thought with us :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey Max - seeing thats the third request in the last couple months for this feature - it may be time to have the team prioritize that request and try to find a way to accomplish it. If it wont ever be explored, simply saying that would be better than providing false hope so a working solution can be found for those customers searching for a solution for their hidden videos to display on their website using a widget. thanks

It is possible to share a private video channel as an embed without using Elfsight, but the list of other videos in the channel doesn’t look as nice as the Elfsight vimeo player.

Since it’s possible without Elfsight, it’s curious that you developers haven’t been able to support this…

1 Like

Hey guys @user10134, @Steven_Hall :wave:

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us!

Firstly, I’d like to assure you that we didn’t have an intention to anyhow mislead you or give false hopes.

Unfortunately, this feature is not supported at the moment due to restrictions with the Vimeo API.

However, we see that this feature is really important, and I’ve drawn our dev team’s attention to this request. They will explore any potential workarounds for displaying private videos, and I’ll make sure to keep you updated with any news :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a million for your valuable insights and for pointing us in this direction!