Ability to adjust top/bottom margins and padding without custom CSS

At the moment, there is no means by which to adjust the top and bottom margins of the logo showcase in the configurator without adding custom CSS.

If you require a slim logo showcase (just logos with no header and minimal margins/padding top and bottom), the only way to do that is by adding negative values to the margin CSS. This is not ideal and is problematic with responsive design, requiring various @media queries to get it right in most cases.

The ability to adjust top/bottom margins without -value in custom CSS would be very useful.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @Perry1! Welcome to Elfsight Community :tada:

That’s a great idea! Thanks a lot for sharing and such a detailed description :slightly_smiling_face:

We will be happy to consider this feature for future updates!

Yes, that’s the trouble I’m having. I only use one app (the logo slider) and it’s THE ONLY thing on my website that looks a bit crap tbh because of the excessive spacing on it that I can’t adjust. PLEASE UPDATE IT. Pretty please.

Although, if it’s not done 7 months later, it’s unlikely to happen is it?

Hi @David_Bardell and welcome to Community :wave:

I’m very sorry that our widget doesn’t support this feature. I agree that it would be great to adjust top and bottom margins right in the configurator.

If this request gets more votes, we’ll to think it over in our future updates.

In the meantime, I’ve checked your website. The reason for the issue is Fluid Engine. This editor has its own peculiarities, and in some cases, it may cause extra space below your widget.

To fix it, you just need to add this code next to your widget installation code:

<style>
  .disable_fluid_engine {
    grid-template-rows: unset!important;
  }
</style>

<script>
  window.onload = () => {
    document.querySelectorAll("[class*='elfsight-app-']").forEach((item) => { item.closest(".fluid-engine")?.classList.add("disable_fluid_engine") })
  }
</script>

Please check it out let me know if it helped :slightly_smiling_face: