Use same events code in Wordpress and squarespace

Hi, I’m very new to the elfsight world. Im preparing a new website on Wordpress. Installed the events a there without no problems. But while I build this website I would like for the moment install the widget on squarespace. Is it possible with the same code used on wordpress?
(it seems like it doesn’t work on SquareSpace).

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @danielsanxis! We are extremely happy to see that you’ve joined us! Welcome to Elfsight Community!

Sure thing, if you have a paid plan, you can install the widget to as many websites as you wish.

If any other questions come up, please do not hesitate to contact us. We’ll be bore than happy to help!

Have a nice day :wink:

So why it doesn’t work when I paste the widget on SpaceSquare? When I paste the code it says: “iCode injection is disabled”.

Ive got the personal plan, is it possible that I would need to upgrade so I can inject the elfsight code??

Hey @danielsanxis!

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to install our widgets on Personal plan, you need Business plan.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day :wink:

1 Like

Just wanted to let everyone know that it is possible to install widgets on an Squarespace Personal Plan. :grin:

@danielsanxis
Just wanted to say that you can use Elfsight on Personal Plan via Markdown Block, but be aware that Squarespace may block this in the future.
Find a Markdown

Add Elfsight code

Result

1 Like

Oh! This is so helpful! Thanks! @Max said that it only would work on Business plan, which is not the case.
I just went to the page I wanted to add the widget then - “Embed” - “Code Snippet” and “Embed Data”. It worked!

Elfsight code is script code. Squarespace Business Plan/higher supports script code. Personal Plan doesn’t support script code.
But as far as I know, users can still insert script code through Markdown Block, so you can install Elfsight or any plugin that uses script code.
This has been around for at least 3 years, as far as I know.

In the future if you need to install code, which contains a script tag you can try Markdown. :grin:

2 Likes

@tuanphan many thanks for all the info! We’ll make sure to pass it over to the team for further consideration, it seems we really had sort of an outdated info :thinking:

@danielsanxis really sorry for the confusion! It’s great that it seems like there is a decent way to use Personal Plan, but we’ll investigate this so that there is no confusion at this point in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t understand why SS still allows that. Perhaps those of you who have a deep understanding of the code can know that, and perhaps also know whether SS will fix it or not. :laughing:

A vague situation indeed! I still hope we’ll find out whether it’s a bug or feature :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If it’s a bug don’t say anything to SS please!! It benefits me and probably to loads of users using Elfsight Widgets! :sweat_smile: