To allow the user to filter the map locations using multiple categories

At the moment we can assign one category to each location added to the map.
If a location fits multiple categories then it would be nice if the user could filter by all of them.

e.g. A gym that has running machines AND weight benches.

1 Like

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 16

Original comment from Marek Kanas transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Lars Nørgaard Hansen transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hi,

I would be very useful, if it was possible to select multiple categories for one location in the Google Maps widget.

We use the Google map widget to illustrate which and where our products are sold. As it is right now (at least to my knowledge) you are only able to select one category per location - which in our case means that I only able to illustrate some of our sold products and not all.

1 Like

I would like to have a multicategory which means that users can select more than two categories via the selectbox. Easier find locations according to user requirements.

Option for selecting multiple categories per location!!

We use Google Map to illustrate which type of products (categories) that have been sold at which locations, and right now we are only able to list one category at each location.

1 Like

@Lars_Norgaard totally agree!

Thanks a lot for sharing - we’ll try to consider it for the future updates :pray:t2:

Agree! Totally love this maps-widget, only downer for us is that we cannot apply mutliple filters. We would appreciate the implementation in a future update.

1 Like

@user2242 welcome to the Elfsight Community, and thank you for your comment!

Great that you love our Google Maps app, we’ll try our best to introduce new features to make your user experience even better :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to vote for the ideas you like - it’s a vivid marker of your interest in a particular feature!

Hi Helga, any news concerning the option for multiple categories?

1 Like

Hi @Lars_Norgaard, happy to greet you on our forum! :hugs:

I’m afraid I don’t have any news at this matter, I’m really sorry :frowning: But I’ll make sure to post here as soon as I have an update.

Thank you for your interest in our widgets!

We would also appreciate a filter for categories 100%; would lift the maps application to a new class :ok_hand: :smile:
@Lars_Norgaard have you found another solution for maps with categories?

1 Like

I have not yet found another suitable solution. As you say - a filter option on multiple categories would lift the maps application to a new class :ok_hand:

@user2242 @Lars_Norgaard guys, thanks a lot for support and for your comments!

I absolutely share your point, I’m going to remind our devs about this request hoping it will drive their attention to this feature :slight_smile:

I’ll make sure to post updates here if I have any news.

This!!!

1 Like

Hello @user5002 :wave:

I cannot but agree that this feature would be extremely useful!

As for now, unfortunately, we can’t provide any ETA for its release, but we promise to keep you abreast of any developments here :slightly_smiling_face:

A huge thank you for sharing your feedback and welcome aboard!

Any news regarding the wish for multiple catagories per map location with filter option?

2 Likes

Hi @Lars_Norgaard :wave:

Much as I’d love to share an update, I’m afraid the solution hasn’t been found yet, I’m really sorry!

I agree that this feature is very important and I really hope our devs will find a way to add it to the widget. All the updates will be posted here :slightly_smiling_face:

A huge thank you for pointing us in this direction!