Things go crazy when I embed code in Weebly

Hiya!

I’m using Weebly for the web design. Even though I don’t know what I’m doing, I’ve tripped my way to at least having a website up for where I work. I was wanting some more things on there than what Weebly offered by default, and most of the plugins/apps are quite wanting. So I started up with the full suite of elfsight widgets and have been very impressed. They give the appearance that it’s not a complete moron making our site.

To my issue, but as you will note I probably don’t know all of the correct terms to use: when I am in the building part of Weebly and use the “embed code” feature and drop it where I want on the website, as soon as I paste the code I copied when I clicked “install” on elfsight, and publish, everything goes to hell.

Well, of sorts. On the published website, everything looks okay. But when I am back in the editor (and here’s where I might not be describing it correctly) wherever on the page I look where the code was embedded, new blank space continues to form under where the code was embedded, making it impossible to do anything on the rest of the page. It’s like when you’re downloading a picture on a super slow connection and bit by bit continues to form, but in this case, it just keeps producing empty space.

This happens on any page that I embed code on and has happened with multiple different widgets. Any help would be amazing. Cheers!

1 Like

Greetings @Jonathon_Kycek and welcome to the Community :wave:

Could you please share a screenshot of the issue? I’ll be happy to check things for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1. Code I copied from elfsight
  2. Dragging the “embed code” icon over to where I want in above the registration form
  3. Pasting the code I copied
  4. It starting to load
  5. …and load beyond where it should have
  6. …and continue to load downwards as long as I let it
1 Like

Thank you! I’ve shared this info with our devs. I’ll get back to you once I receive a response from them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi there @Jonathon_Kycek :wave:

To find out what’s going on, we’ll need some additional information. I’ve contacted you directly at your email address.

Please check your inbox :slightly_smiling_face:

Someone reached out to me, and we ended up realizing the problem was browser-specific. I had been using Firefox - which I use for everything - but once I did it in Chrome, no problem.

I’ll leave this up for the case anyone else runs into the same issue.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Great!

If anything comes up, we are always here for you :slightly_smiling_face:

I have literally tried so many of your widgets and almost ALL of them do this. I can not add ANY content to ANY page that one of you widgets is on cause it wont stop adding space under the calendar or a form or anything. If I have content under it I cant access it cause your widget NEVER STOPS ADDING SPACE continuously making the page move down.

I have remade the widgets, emailed you all so many times I am beyond frustrated. I even just grabbed a form DID NOTHING TO IT just left it how you have it as a template and added and it still does it. I usually just deal with it and only use widgets that I don’t need to give an entire page to cause i am unable to do anything else on that page if I do but I pay a lot of money and I shouldn’t have to just deal with anything! Its bad enough that your counters for your widgets COUNT when we are in our dashboards updating things and even when we are editing a page one of them is on you count it EVERY TIME WEEBLY refreshes when I move the tiniest thing you widgets adds a number to my count you could at least make sure the widgets I pay to be able to use at least work!

PLEASE WATCH THE 30 SEC CLIPS I PUT IN MY GOOGLE DRIVE SINCE I CANT ADD THEM HERE SO YOU CAN SEE WHATS HAPPENING PLEASE

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zxCv-8fNOCfUO0UqEw045_D2A218G5XQ?usp=sharing

1 Like

@Helga @Max

HELLOOOO???

1 Like

Hi there @SKZCBGuide_Website_A :wave:

I am so sorry for the delayed reply!

Previously, one of our users faced with the same issue on Weebly and this issue occurred only in Firefox, but I see that you are using Chrome. Could you please try to check it in another browsers and let me know if the issue still persists?

As for the views, I’d like to tell you that there’s a way to keep your own views from being counted. To do that, you need to make sure you’re logged in to your Elfsight account on the same device and browser that you use to work with your website.

Also, here are some other reasons you can run out of views quickly - Why my views have gone so fast

Please let me know if it helped or if there’s anything else I could do for you.

1 Like

@SKZCBGuide_Website_A

I was having the same problem, but I had been using Firefox, and it hasn’t happened again since I switched to Chrome when using the widgets. I watched your videos and see that you are already using Chrome, but I would maybe try other browsers and see if you can find one where it works as intended.

2 Likes