Squarespace Reviews

This is my first client site using Squarespace and I am struggling to understand how the review process works. I have created the form, and when entering a test review, get the email confirmation.

1. But, on the webpage, the text is black, which does not show up on the black background. How do I change that?
  2. is there a URL I can embed that will take customers to the review form so a review can be created?

I have done this successfully with the WordPress sites I manage, but the client insisted on Squarespace, so here I am.

https://www.mistressmelody.com/reviews

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Grenader and welcome to Community :wave:

1. To make reviews visible on your page, you can choose Dark Color Scheme on the Appearance tab or change the review text color in the Review section for Google Reviews widget or Testimonial section for Testimonial Slider:

1. Unfortunately, there is no option to redirect visitors to the review form, I am sorry!

By the way, I’ve checked your Google Review widget and see that you haven’t added any source. To display your reviews on Google, you need to add your business name and address or Google Place ID to the Source field:

Once the source is added, you can enable Write a review button in the Header. This button leads the visitors to leave a review about your business on Google:

Please let me know if this explains things or if you have any further questions :slightly_smiling_face:

If there is no URL to direct users to add a review/testimonial, then how is this accomplished? Where do they enter the review for publication?

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Grenader :wave:

Unfortunately, there is no option for the customers to leave reviews right on the website. With the way our Testimonials Slider widget works, you need to manually add the reviews of your customers to the widget. I am so sorry!

We understand that this functionality is really important, and we have such a request in our Wishlist. You can vote for this feature to get notifications about any updates.

As for Google Reviews, customers can leave reviews only on Google by clicking on Write a Review button, but the live reviews option, unfortunately, isn’t available.

Please let me know if this clarifies the situation or if you have any further questions :slightly_smiling_face: