Show Number Keyboard ONLY for MM/DD/YYYY Input

Ability to change the keyboard to show only numbers or numerical keyboard instead of the alphanumerical keyboard that is standard.

This should be possible by changing the ‘text’ input type below to ‘number’ or ‘tel’.

1 Like

Ability to change the keyboard to show only numbers or numerical keyboard instead of the alphanumerical keyboard that is standard.

This should be possible by changing the ‘text’ input type below to ‘number’ or ‘tel’.

1 Like

@Charlie2 I love your suggestion, thanks a lot for sharing!

We’ll try to think over a possibility to rebuild the dropdown option in our future updates, I’ll keep you updated in this thread :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help and welcome to the Elfsight Community!

Hey Helga,

Thanks for thinking of rebuilding the age gate to a dropdown element. Although instead of a drop down, I’d love it if you would consider just changing the input type from ‘text’ to ‘numbers’ - this should mean that on mobile it should show up with the number pad keyboard instead of the alphabetical one. It’s a minor thing, but with the current alphabet keyboard, everyone that uses the age gate has to swap from alphabet keyboard to number keyboard for each of the DD/MM/YYYY inputs.

Cheers,

Charlie

1 Like

Oh, I see, thank you, Charlie! My apologies for the confusion :slight_smile:

Yes, a very smart suggestion to change the input itself, we’ll try to see what we can do about this idea in our future updates.

I must say that for the time being we consider the most wanted requests first, so feel free to vote for all the features you find interesting, it might speed up the release process :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for helping us!

Hi guys, I’m coming with great news!

Now number keyboard is supported in MM/DD/YYYY input :tada:

Feel free to find the details here: Age Verification: Numeric Keypad for mobile. Submit with Enter. Transparent Overlay Background

1 Like

Hey Helga,

That’s amazing - thank you and the team for being so quick to implement :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Charlie

Hi Charlie and thank you for your lovely comment!

I really hope you’ll find this feature useful - we’ll be happy to hear your feedback, so feel free to share :slight_smile:

Have a great one!