RSS bundling for social media feeds

Hi!

I want to be able to bundle several rss feeds from Instagram and Facebook accounts that ARE NOT MY ACCOUNTS.

Example:
RSS feed for Instagram account A
RSS feed for Facebook account A
RSS feed for Instagram account B
RSS feed for Facebook account B
RSS feed for Instagram account C (C does not use facebook)
RSS feed for Facebook account D (D does not use instagram)

ALL of them ending up in ONE feed.
It would also be neccesary to be able to limit the amount of posts in the feed or how many rows are visible.

rss.app does this (they call it BUNDLE) and I would love to be able to use Elfsight for this instead, since I already use Elfsight for other services.

1 Like

Hello @user887 :wave:

You can add RSS feeds from Instagram and Facebook accounts that you don’t own. However, these accounts should be public. Also, you need to convert the links to RSS format.

You can add all these sources to one feed and everything should work fine :slightly_smiling_face:

How do I do that?

I tried adding the following:
https://www.instagram.com/sf.su.se

RSS: Error: Service is unavailable now

https://www.instagram.com/stories/fadderiet.se

I even tried adding news sources:

Failed to parse file

1 Like

Hey @user887!

Unfortunately, the links you are using are incorrect. Here’s an example of an RSS link that works in our widget, for your reference - NYT > World News

We have an article how to convert your file into a correct XML format. Please check it and let me know if it helps - Why my RSS Feed doesn’t work

That explains it and that’s way too complicated and the reason why I will pay Elfsight’s competitor, that allows me to just input the web address, for the service.

1 Like

Hello @user887!

I agree that this way is quite complicated. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the frustration caused :pensive:

As for the displaying of the Instagram accounts that you don’t own, you can check our Instagram Feed. You just need to add a username and the feed will be displayed providing the account is public.

I totally understand your decision to find another solution. However, if you’d like to use our apps again, we’ll be happy to see you back :heart:

I tried that, but there’s a 2 account limit per widget. I need up to 30.

1 Like

Hello @user887 :wave:

Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no option to add more than 2 sources. I am terribly sorry :pensive:

I agree that this feature would be really useful and we have such a request in our Wishlist. Please vote for this feature to get a notification upon its release.

If any questions come up, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help!

Have a nice day :wink: