Refresh immediately - no cache

Refresh immediately - no cache

1 Like

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. Youā€™re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here ā€” we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 1

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your request!

I totally understand your point, however, I have to point out that this cache time doesnā€™t actually depend on us but on YouTube itself.

We will try to think in this direction and find at least a workaround to reduce the cache, but we cannot promise a positive outcome, unfortunately.

Thanks a lot for supporting and helping us!

Hi there,

It would be great if a ā€˜Refresh Cacheā€™ button could be added to the backend of the widget to pull in the latest videos from YouTube rather than having to wait 24 hours for the cache to be refreshed.

Thanks!

David

2 Likes

Hi David, thank you for sharing your suggestion!

I do understand your point, but Iā€™m afraid this restriction with cache time comes from YouTube directly, hence there is little we can do on our end :frowning:

Iā€™ve moved your request to a similar one, and Iā€™ll make sure to keep you updated in case of any changes :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting me know Helga, and thatā€™s no problem at all :slight_smile:

All the best,

David

1 Like

We want to use the social feed as a ā€œbreaking newsā€ but due to the lag time because of the caching we will need to abandon it. No one wants breaking news a day later!

1 Like

Hi @Xung_Ngo :wave:

Yes, I totally share your point and realize that itā€™s crucial to display all the videos straightaway in your case.

We already have a similar request and Iā€™ve moved your comment there. Weā€™ll keep you updated :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and welcome to Community!

24h is a loooooooong time to wait - could we get an option to specify the update frequency where a youtube API key is provided

1 Like

Happy to see that youā€™ve decided to join us! Welcome @user3126 :wave:

Yeah, I agree that it would be amazing to reduce the cache time for our app. We already have such a request in the Wishlist and Iā€™ve moved your comment to the dedicated thread. All the updates will be posted here :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much for pointing us in this direction!