Popup date control

Please add soon a panel to control the appearance of a popup by date / time - it is hard to activate the popups manually in the middle ogf the night… :wink: THX!

2 Likes

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 12

Original comment from Adrian Alvarez transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Manuel Küthe transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hello folks,

Thank you for your comments!

I’m sorry that this option hasn’t been released yet, and I do understand how useful it would be.

Our dev team has marked this idea as an important one and they will do their best to include it in one of the nearest updates. I have to note that everything depends on our devs’ overall load and I’m afraid I’m not able to set an ETA.

Anyways, we’ll try our hardest to consider all popular requests and implement them as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your understanding :pray:t2:

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Original comment from Adrian Alvarez transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Nadia Mayet transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Marcia Lindberg transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Have the ability to set WHEN the the pop-up should be active.

It could be as simple as from: date/time to: date/time

Or more advanced like: weekends, weekdays

Additionally have an option to deactivate this or any other plugin without having to modify he code on the website.

1 Like

This is a must have!!

1 Like

@Automato thank you for your comment!

We also love this idea and have plans to get into its development in Q1-Q2 :slight_smile:

I would like to use the popup builder to create a popup that would display a message “zoom meeting in progress” with a button to join the call… and then have it automatically display only on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month from 8:00 am - 10:30 am. I could manually deactivate / reactivate it… but I am busy during the start/end of our meetings and would love to automate the process.

I would think others could have similar use cases of wanting to display a popup for a limited time or for it to begin at a certain time automatically for discount codes / promos etc.

So ultimately the request is for the ability to expand the functionality of popup frequency with the ability to schedule the popup to display… ideally with on a reoccurring basis but even if it were a single date/time to start/end that would be a huge improvement!

1 Like

Another maybe even more broadly applicable solution would be to allow for an action in Zapier that would allow for enabling/disabling an embed… that way I could create a zap on a schedule that would hide or show the popup.

Although there is no disable button built into elfsight, I was able to achieve hiding it by removing the reopen button and disabling the trigger of page load… but I must do this manually at the moment before/after every meeting.

@user2824 a huge thank you for leaving such a detailed comment and describing your use-case!

I also think an option to set periods for popup widgets to appear is a must, and we have this request in our roadmap. I really hope we will see it available in Q2, but I’m afraid I cannot tell for sure.

Anyways, I’ll keep you updated on the progress here.

Thank you very much for your help and yes, welcome to the community! :tada:

A post was split to a new topic: Automatically display/hide widgets based on date/time

Hey guys :wave:

We’ve added a schedule option to our Popup :fire:

Find more details here - Popup: Schedule widget display

1 Like