Integrate Calendly or google calendar for Booking appointments

Add calendar booking integration with Calendley or google calendar

Thanks for the idea, @backhome84! We’ll have it in mind and see for more votes from the community :slightly_smiling_face:

I was able to add instructions to the AI assistant to use Calendly for appointment booking by adding Calendly external link in the instruction and it seems that it works.

It would be nice if the bot could also read calendars on websites so that information is available when people ask via the bot whether a room is available. This is specific to my bot, but I understand that the bot also runs on other sites where event information or availability for various things is available.

It would be nice if the bot could also read calendars on websites so that information is available when people ask via the bot whether a room is available. This is specific to my bot, but I understand that the bot also runs on other sites where event information or availability for various things is available.
I have a bed and breakfast, and it has its own booking page. A calendar is displayed on the page to select dates for booking a room, whether it is available or occupied on the specific day. It would be great if the bot could read this data and answer a potential guest’s question about whether a room is available or not.
The website where the calendar runs is www.bbravelin.de.

Hi there and welcome to the Community, @Daniel_Oostrum :waving_hand:

Many thanks for such a thorough description of the idea!

We already have a similar request on the Wishlist, and I’ve merged your comment with it. If this idea gets more votes, it might be considered in the future :slightly_smiling_face:

I had already tried to process the external links from that calendar in the bot, but the bot did not recognise the correct information (according to the helpdesk), which is why I am making this request.

I tried to incorporate my ICAL link into the bot, but unfortunately that didn’t work either.

Hopefully, a solution will be found soon, because the world clearly craves AI bots, especially for gathering information quickly and easily.

Update: the feature is now in the works! :tada:

It’s currently on the Design stage, but we’ll keep you updated on the progress here :blush:

5 Likes

Update: the feature moved to the Development stage :tada:

4 Likes

Hey, @Max

I wanted to share a few thoughts on the potential for this feature, because I imagine it goes beyond being a simple action button that redirects users to a Calendly or booking link.

The AI Chatbot should be able to book appointments directly inside the chat.

Basics:

Client: “I want to schedule a demo.”

The AI Chatbot checks real-time availability, offers a few available times, and after the user confirms, books the appointment automatically and sends the confirmation.

It should also support actions like:

Check availability
Book, cancel, and reschedule
Choose the correct appointment type
Handle different team members/calendars
Respect business hours, buffers, and scheduling rules

For integrations: I’d love to see Cal.com, Calendly, Google Calendar, Microsoft/Outlook Calendar, and Apple Calendar, with an API/webhook system for additional providers.

Ideally, this becomes a proper AI scheduling agent, not just a shortcut to an external booking page.

User asks → AI checks availability → suggests times → user confirms → AI books it.

That would make the integration genuinely useful.

One additional consideration: I think it would be important to account for businesses that require payment as part of the booking process. While scheduling is extremely useful for businesses that need to qualify or onboard clients before they pay for a service or project, there are also many businesses and agencies whose clients must pay before an appointment, consultation, or service can be confirmed.

Having the ability to incorporate payment requirements into the scheduling flow would make this feature much more broadly useful and avoid situations where businesses still need workarounds or a separate booking/payment system.

I mention this because it reminds me of the Appointment Booking Widget, where payment functionality wasn’t initially available and businesses had to rely on workarounds for quite some time. Hopefully, payment requirements can be considered as part of the scheduling experience from the beginning, rather than something that needs to be added later or at least get worked on as soon as possible from its release.

Hello @Adore :waving_hand:

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful and detailed comment — we really appreciate you sharing your vision for this feature!

I’ve discussed your suggestions with our dev team, and they shared a few details about how the first iteration of the booking functionality is currently planned to work:

  • We’re planning to support two integrations initially: Cal.com and Calendly. We’ll definitely keep the other booking and calendar integrations you mentioned in mind for future improvements.

  • You’ll be able to create booking buttons on the Skills tab and define when the AI Chatbot should send them during a conversation.

  • When a user clicks the booking button, a popup with Calendly or Cal.com will open directly within the widget experience. From there, they’ll be able to choose an available time slot and complete the booking themselves.

  • Once the appointment is booked, further management — such as cancelling or rescheduling — will be available through the confirmation email sent by the booking provider.

So, at least in the first version, the AI won’t yet act as a fully autonomous scheduling agent that checks availability, suggests specific time slots, and books or manages appointments directly through the conversation.

However, your description of such a flow is very helpful, and I’ll make sure the team sees this use case as we think about further development of the feature.

As for payments, unfortunately, they won’t be included in the first iteration either. I completely understand your point about how important it can be to make payment part of the booking flow from the beginning, especially for consultations and services that require payment upfront.

I’ve created a separate request for this here: Add payment option for bookings. Feel free to upvote it and add any additional details or examples that you think would be useful.

Thanks again for taking the time to share such comprehensive feedback — it gives us a much clearer picture of what an advanced AI scheduling experience could look like :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey everyone!

The Calendly and Cal.com integrations are already available in the widget :tada:

Find more details in this post: AI Chatbot: Book meetings & stay on top of new chats with Calendly, Cal.com and Slack integrations!🔥

1 Like