Download audio files with user-assigned file name rather than system encoded file name

As an audiobook narrator, the audio samples from my website may be downloaded by publishers and casting directors. They typically require a specific format for file names that are easily understandable. It is likely they would refuse to download my samples from the Elfsight audio player because they are encoded and not easily understandable outside of you platform. Thanks very much.

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 8

Original comment from Raymond Turner transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hi Raymond,

Thanks a lot for your kind comment!

Since we have a lot of requests in our wishlist, we have to pay attention to the most wanted ones and implement them first.

However, we’ll try to consider this idea as well - maybe we’ll find a way to implement it sooner :slight_smile:

Thank you for your support and patience!

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Original comment from Timothy Danko transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Raymond Turner transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Dear folks,

Thank you so much for your warm comments! We try our best to implement features you request here, and we’re so grateful for your help and suggestions :slight_smile:

This is just awesome that you’re happy with this feature, and I wish you just a great user experience :slightly_smiling_face:

@Timothy Danko, I’m afraid this feature works only for newly uploaded files, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience!

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Dear friends,

We’re happy to say that uploaded files now keep their original names! :tada:

Now you don’t need to worry about your files being encoded when uploaded or downloaded.

Feel free to test the widget out in our Audio Player online demo (Audio Player - Add Music widget to website (easy and free)) !

And don’t hesitate to share your feedback in the comments, we’ll be happy to hear from you! :slightly_smiling_face: