- Issue description: Team Showcase: How can I add alt Text to the photos and images in this app? Having many photos makes it complicated to know who or what the photos represent. I have also been using this app to add extra products and services.
I would like to use this app for a directory of team members who offer a variety of products and services, and having alt text will allow screen reader users to know what those services and product descriptions are.
Did I miss something, or is there a way to add alt text another way?
Hi there, @Trevor_Gibbs ![]()
Currently the member’s name is used as an image alt text:
Does this option cover your needs or would you like to manually set a different alt text?
This is not really alt text, especially when alt text is used to describe the image for people with screen readers. In this example, the name is simply “Rose” and would work if the image only showed one rose. In accessibility, we would normally write a bunch of red roses in a wine glass on a table with rose petals and lit candles. Normally in web design, names are not used as alt text.
I would like to ensure we are using alt text correctly for WCAG 2.2 and for people with screen readers
Got you, thanks!
I’ve moved your suggestion to the Wishlist and we’ll try to think about it in the future, especially if this request gets more votes ![]()
Thank you for considering that, but I would like to raise awareness that accessibility is a legal requirement in many countries worldwide. The EU has passed laws about accessible websites; so have North America, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, Japan, Israel, and India.
This impacts millions of people around the world, where, on average, 1 in four people have a disability and actively look for software and sites that are accommodating.
I would think that, as software creators, this should be used correctly: that Alt text is alt text placement for a specific reason, not a placement for a name holder in this software; it is not something as desirable to be added to a wishlist, but should have been created for the correct purpose.
I would hope you would provide software that helps millions and was designed correctly, rather than a few votes elevating this based on views and votes.
Hi there, @Trevor_Gibbs!
Thank you so much for the feedback!
I discussed it with our dev team, and they agreed that allowing users to customize alt text would be a valuable improvement, especially for cases where users want to provide more meaningful and context-specific descriptions.
We’ve created a task for this and will keep you posted on any updates. Thanks again for helping us make the widget better ![]()
Hi @Max
Thank you for requesting this; it means a lot, and I appreciate that you and the team are working on allowing the use of Alt Text to be used better.
I look forward to the update so I can make the amendments and know that our screen reader users will appreciate that we took the time and effort to make them more inclusive.

