Why is the number of Google reviews limited to only 80?

Why is the number of Google reviews limited to only 80?
I need all my reviews. This is important, otherwise it is of no use to me. The fact that this limitation exists is not in the service plan description and now that I realize it is very annoying.

2 Likes

Hey there @Sven_Kalwach and welcome to the Community :wave:

I have to say that our app, indeed, has a limit for the number of reviews displayed. The widget only captures the 100 latest reviews. After that, the filter you’ve chosen is applied to these reviews, which is why you see only 80 reviews at the moment.

I do understand your point that it might work not as expected, and deeply apologize for all the frustration caused by this :pensive:

We totally agree that it would be amazing to display all the reviews in the widget. I’ve added your idea to the Wishlist and we’ll try our best to consider it in our future updates. You can keep an eye on it here - Display all reviews in the widget (remove 100 reviews limit)

Hello Max, thank you very much for answering my question quickly.
I don’t know yet why you think the limit is set to 100. Definitely I only receive max. 80 out of our 189 reviews. I’m sure there’s a limit set somewhere in the program script for the widget and you could simply increase it.

Hi @Sven_Kalwach :wave:

Yes, as I’ve previously mentioned, there is a set limit for the number of reviews that can be displayed in the widget. We do realize that it would be amazing to display all available reviews and we’ll try to consider this opportunity in our future enhancements. All the updates will be posted here - Display all reviews in the widget (remove 100 reviews limit)

As for the number of reviews in your widget, you see, our app fetches only 100 latest reviews. Then the widget applies filters (if they are enabled) to these 100 reviews and displays the matching reviews.

You have Show Rating with Text option enabled, that’s why only 80 reviews are displayed in the widget:

If you disable this option, the other 20 reviews without text will be pulled and you’ll see 100 latest reviews in your widget.

Please let me know if this clarifies things or if you have any further questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, I followed your instructions. You’re right. Now I know that the limitation takes effect first and then the filter. I kind of assumed it was the other way around.

Thank you for this excellent support in the forum! :+1:

1 Like

No sweat! You are very welcome :slightly_smiling_face: