Translation widget for webpage

Greetings @ComfortzonesComm

Happy to see you back :wink:

I cannot but agree that this app would be a perfect addition to our app list. We already have such a request in our Wishlist and I moved your request to the dedicated topic. Weā€™ll keep you posted here.

Your feedback is highly important for us. Thanks a lot for helping us grow!

1 Like

Could please let us know when the Translator widget will be available? If you have go live or release date would be amazing. Otherwise, I will have to migrate my Google Site to WordPress and use other plug-ins, where I can manage and edit my own translations. Thank you in advance! Regards, Alex.

2 Likes

Hi @Alessandro_Gaudenzi and welcome to Community :wave:

Please let me discuss this question with our dev team. Iā€™ll get back to you once I receive any news :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, we donā€™t have any ETA for this widget.

We do understand how important this app can be for many users and will do all our best to release it as soon as possible. All the updates will be posted here :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback!

Max, thank you for investigating this. Our agency, also, is in need of this widget. We love Elfsight, however, this feels like a major oversight to not offer such an essential widget as a Language Translator. Weā€™ve been inquiring about this for about a year now since we first saw your teaser webpage at Website Translator - embed a multilanguage widget to your website! (2023).

Would you please escalate this request and see if things canā€™t be pushed along a bit more expeditously? I know weā€™re not the only ones who are (1) extremely satisfied with Elfsight and (2) extremely frustrated that a Language Translator widget has not been produced but always looks like itā€™s right around the corner on the Elfsight website.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi @ComfortzonesComm :wave:

Thank you so much for the interest in our app and such a thorough comment!

We totally get your excitement about the Translator widget and weā€™re genuinely sorry for the delay in its delivery! Itā€™s definitely an important app, and we appreciate your patience.

Weā€™ve shared your feedback with our dev team, and, hopefully, theyā€™ll be able to speed up the process in the near future. Weā€™ll keep you in the loop here :slightly_smiling_face:

Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we truly appreciate your support for Elfsight :heart:

1 Like

Dear All, do you have any updates about this widget release date even approximatively?

1 Like

Hi @Alessandro_Gaudenzi :wave:

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Much as Iā€™d love to share any updates, unfortunately, we havenā€™t got any news yet.

Once anything comes up, weā€™ll immediately let you know in this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

In the meantime, I use a bit of code i the webpage to provide the Google Translate option. Not as cool, but it works for now.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Sam6 :wave:

Great, that youā€™ve found a workaround! I understand that itā€™s still not the best solution, and I do hope weā€™ll consider the Translation widget sooner than later. Weā€™ll keep you updated in this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When will the Translation widget be ready? Just checking.

1 Like

@Miguel_Espinoza Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t have concrete timeline, Iā€™m really sorry :frowning:

I know the devs have been thinking over possible solutions, but no ETA as of now, Iā€™m afraid. But Iā€™ll make sure to post here once I have any news :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use weglot. But the thing is that the cart area in a shop will not get translated with them. That sucks pretty muchā€¦

Hey @Darius :wave:

Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

We do understand that the Translation app would be really beneficial for many users. Rest assured, once any news come up, weā€™ll let you know in this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

This is like a joke. I have read from you the same answer for the past years. Instead of really developing the one that should be number 1 on any widget list, you are still not being able or interested in investing in this and I and many others will have to switch to WordPress and buy a different plug-in. I cannot wait anymore either you will give us a release date in the next couple of months or goodbyeā€¦

1 Like

Hi @Alessandro_Gaudenzi :wave:

Firstly, Iā€™d like to apologize for a significant delay in getting the Translation widget to you. Unfortunately, meeting deadlines has become challenging for us, thatā€™s why weā€™ve decided not to provide any specific timeframes :pensive:

As much as Iā€™d love to give you a definite timeline, itā€™s just not possible at the moment. Weā€™re really eager to release this app as soon as we can, but itā€™s quite a complex task that requires careful attention to detail, a lot of time, and resources.

We totally understand that the app release has been slower than we all hoped for, and weā€™ve been having some serious discussions within our team to figure out how we can improve this situation.

A huge thank you for your feedback! Your comments and input are invaluable, as they help us better understand your needs and expectations.

Weā€™ll try our best to find the best solution to improve the release process for the new widgets and features. Also, we promise to keep you updated on any developments regarding the Translator Widget :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Hello Max,

Thank you for your kind reply.

The biggest and ā€œonlyā€ mistake, in my opinion, you had made was to create false hopes, to keep me and probably other users with Elfsights.

I know it would be very hard to build such a plug-in for website builders, especially for free and I appreciate a lot all the widgets that I am using and that you already made for Google Site users.

Unfortunately, If I wanted to bring up my website conversion rate I would have to switch soon to more complex but also-performing CMS platforms like WordPress, where I could use a wider plug-ins ecosystem including website translators.

Thank you and best regards,

Alex

1 Like

Considering that an Elfsight Language Translator option is still very far in the future, it would be really ethical of Elfsight to remove their Language Translator webpage at Website Translator - embed a multilanguage widget to your website! (2023). This has been up for at least two years and is not at all accurate.

Thank you very much for the honest update of the companyā€™s progress. Itā€™s apopreciated.

3 Likes

@ComfortzonesComm @Alessandro_Gaudenzi Guys, thank you so much for your comments, itā€™s highly appreciated!

I totally understand your emotions, and deeply apologize for all the frustration caused by this situation :pensive:

Iā€™d like to assure you that we didnā€™t have an intention to create false hopes and mislead you anyhow. However, unfortunately, we just donā€™t have enough resources to deal with all the requests at the moment. I am so sorry!

As for the info on Coming Soon pages, Iā€™ve had a talk with our team on this matter. We agree, itā€™s got to be super clear, transparent and up-to-date, and weā€™re already on it, making the necessary tweaks.

Once again, a huge thank you for your feedback and support, itā€™s really important to us!

yes, we desperately need this!

1 Like