Search results from our old site appearing on our new site

Hello…

I recently changed our website but kept the domain. We use the search app from Elfsight and have added this to our new site. The problem that we’re now finding is that, posts etc… from our previous site are showing in the search results. Can anyone offer advice as to why this may happen?

Many thanks!

1 Like

Hi there :wave:

Could you please share a direct link to the page where the widget is installed now?

Additionally, it would be really helpful if you could share a screenshot of the old results appearing on your new website :pray:

Hi, Thanks for responding. The website is https://www.cps.scot

The results displayed are from our old site with the same domain. The URL’s in the search results, are from our previous site.

1 Like

Do I understand it correctly that your old website had absolutely the same address https://www.cps.scot, then you’ve moved to the new website and the old website was deleted? Or it’s still published?

Hi Max,

You’re correct. The old website was still published until this morning. It has now expired.

Hi Max,

You’re correct. The old website was still published until this morning. It has now expired.

image001.png

1 Like

Got it!

I’ve double-checked your website and it seems that you’ve removed it. Could you please add it back so that our devs could check it for you?

Apologies Max, it would appear my colleague removed this I will see what is happening.

1 Like

Okay, please let me know once it’s restored :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Max, it has been restored.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll check it with the devs and will get back to you once I receive a response from them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Max, I was just wondering how this was going? Would it matter that google has yet to crawl the new site? I did submit the new sitemap on Sunday, 10th March.

1 Like

Hi @user227 :wave:

Yes, you are absolutely right, it seems that your new website hasn’t been indexed yet. Please wait until your website is fully indexed or request indexation in your Search Console tool at Ask Google to recrawl your URLs.

Thank you. I know this can take up to a week. So we will be patient and remove this search from our site until it has been indexed. Once this has happened, would you recommend creating a new widget with new google ID’s and API Keys?

1 Like

There is no need to create a new widget for now. In case your website is indexed, but the issue still persists, just let me know and I’ll look into this for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Max… Our site has now been indexed but old urls are appearing in our search results still. Can you help?

1 Like

Hi @user227 :wave:

Our devs will check it for you and I’ll let you know once I hear from them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve talked to the devs and they’ve confirmed that it’s the indexation issue on Google’s end, as the old pages still appear in the Google search:

The only solution in this case is to wait until all pages will be reindexed by Google. Please let me know if this clarifies the situation or if any further questions come up :slightly_smiling_face: