Reduce cache time in Linked Post

while crwaling linkedin post - it took around 48 hours to post through elfsight widget. Kindly try to reduct that time. you can charge extra to quick updates. but that feature should be there.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard :wave:

I totally understand your point. This task is quite complicated and I am afraid I can’t promise that the cache time will be reduced. However, we’ll definitely try to find a solution for this!

A huge thank you for your input :heart:

To follow up on this? I didn’t realize there was a delay. We had a “scheduled post” that posted on October 23 and it has yet to show up on the LinkedIn feed. Is there a several day delay?

Hi @TriStar_Admin :wave:

Yes, the cache time for LinkedIn Feed widget is 48 hours.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you’re still not seeing the new posts, please share a link to the page where your widget is installed. I’ll gladly check it for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello. Has this been resolved yet. Is there still a two day delay on updating the feed?

1 Like

Hi there and welcome to the Community @user9559 :wave:

Yes, the cache time for the LinkedIn Feed is still 48 hours.

I’m sorry about the long refreshment time, but unfortunately, we cannot reduce it now due to some technical restrictions. Hopefully, we will be able to overcome this hindrance in the future. I’ll keep you updated :slightly_smiling_face:

A post was split to a new topic: LinkedIn Feed post delay issue

Helllo,
we would really appreciate the functionality in the elfsight backend to manually trigger a cache update.
Sometimes posts are very time related und fast outdated

1 Like

Hi @user5555 :wave:

I understand the importance of sharing new posts in a timely manner, and I agree that it would be just a perfect improvement.

Although, there are some technical difficulties preventing us from reducing the cache time, we’ll try to find possible solutions in the future. We’ll keep you posted here :slightly_smiling_face:

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

Can the feed be updated/refresh sooner? Otherwise the widget will always be showing feed that is already 2 days late?

1 Like

Hi there @IT_Support_Pan :wave:

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback!

I’m sorry about the long refreshment time, but unfortunately, we cannot reduce it now due to some technical restrictions. Hopefully, we will be able to overcome this hindrance in the future.

I’ve moved your comment to the dedicated thread in the Wishlist, where we’ll keep you in the loop.