Pricing Plan sliding scale on Apps

Would be good to have a sliding scale as currently 1 app or all 84. Could you price it for 1, 5, 10, 25 and then All?

2 Likes

Phil, do you mean you’d love us to provide different Pack plans?

If so, we did have such an experiment with two apps in the pack and three apps in the pack, but it didn’t pan out. So we reverted everything back :slight_smile:

But I do see your point and I personally love this idea. I’ll talk to the team and at least pass this suggestion over to them for future consideration :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for sharing! We love discussing things with you, so you’re most welcome to share everything you have in mind!

1 Like

Phil, I’ve talked with the team, and now I can explain why we provide only All-apps pack :slight_smile:

If you need, let’s say, 2 or 3 apps, you are welcome to create separate subscriptions for them. But if you need 3+ apps, we really recommend you have a look at Pack plan since it goes for the price of 4 separate apps, but gives you access to 84 apps + future ones.

I know that you might not need all of them now, but who knows what’s going to happen? Perhaps it won’t hurt to have them all at hand just in case, given the price :slight_smile:

Anyways, we’re happy to hear your thoughts on this!

1 Like

Hi Helga, i tried replying on my email but they bounced.

Yes some that is more than 1 or less than 84. I’ve seen about 10 I’d like to use so thought it would be useful to have a smaller sample. I agree that 1 or 2 or 3 would be an issue but may be just 3 options. You could have a price for 1, then 25 and then all. The price just from 1 to 84 is quite a bit for casual bloggers or small sites 15-25 is probably about right and then upgrade from 1 to 25 (what ever the difference is). Also if you had a middle options you’d get more money than 1 and you actually get some as people wouldn’t necessarily buy all 84.

For one app (I now understand Apps and Widgets) $5 is not bad, even better with that 30%, which was why I tried it. But for £10 month and getting 25, I’d do that, plus you’d double your money and most would only use 5-15 apps in reality. Put it this way, if that was done now and with the 30% I’d pay for it today, but £15 (sorry $15) is just pushing it a bit for the moment.

Cheers Phil.

1 Like

Hi Helga,

just replied to the other email. I think my feeling is that it would be unlikely I’d need more 15 apps, especially as it’s only a blog and I might use one or two on my site when it’s done (QR code mainly) but most of the apps probably aren’t relevant to me.

Really do think a middle option would be good. My feeling is the issue with 1 or 84 is that 1 feels expensive (especially compared to the 84) but 84 feels wasteful as I/they could never use that many so you feel like your paying extra for something your no using. It’s purely a physiological thing and I reckon if you offer a middle £/$10 option for 25 most would buy it as they use at least 5 or 6 with the potential to use another 10 in the future.

2 Likes

Hi @PhilTheHat and thanks a lot for your opinion!

I see the logic in your words and to be honest I love your idea about a middle Pack plan. Although I cannot promise the implementation itself, I assure you that I’ve already shared this thread with the team for future consideration.

Who knows, maybe we’ll add a middle Pack plan as an option in the future :slight_smile:

We do appreciate your suggestions and help, we mean it!

1 Like

Hi Helga,

hopefully they can see the light :grinning:

Hi Phil, and thanks for your post. I understand exactly what you’re saying. I’m on the Basic plan and only using Forms, Contact and Pop-Up. I specifically came here for Forms, but I’ve already used my allotted amount per category, and though I’m currently on a Special, next year I’ll have to pay $180. Going to the next level to get more Forms will cost me $360, which won’t happen. I’ll likely have to look for alternatives, or maybe just use an encrypted email address in lieu of a Contact Form. Fortunately I still have plenty of time to research.

Dear Phil and Mike,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it. As the person in charge of pricing for our service, I wanted to explain it a bit further.

We strive to make our service, including our Pack plans, as affordable as possible. If we introduce an intermediate plan for 3 or more applications, it will cost the same as all the applications combined currently do. Otherwise, it wouldn’t make sense - 3 applications cannot cost as much as one, and 3 cannot cost as much as 2 - the difference would be too small, especially considering our 30% discount for the second application (1 + 0.7 + 0.7 = 2.4).

In conclusion, with intermediate plans:

1. These plans would cost the same as all the applications currently do.
  2. Pricing would become more complex, and we want our service to be very simple and are constantly thinking of ways to simplify it further.

Therefore, I can recommend that you subscribe to 3 Single plans - one at full price and 2 at 70% of the price (with a 30% discount). This way, you will save 13%, but managing your subscriptions and applications will become more complicated. I wouldn’t recommend it. Firstly, Elfsight is not a set of separate applications (and we wouldn’t want our users to perceive us that way), but rather a service with an excellent UI, awesome support, constantly evolving widgets, and much more.

On the other hand, we want to be and always remain competitive. If you know of any more interesting alternatives, please let us know. We will analyze the difference in pricing and the quality of the service and draw conclusions about whether we need to change something to be more competitive. But currently, if we look at our service as a whole, its convenience, quality of support, and available widget features, personally, I don’t know of a more affordable alternative where everything is in one place.

Phil and Mike, thank you again for your feedback. Please write back - I’m always happy to respond and share my thoughts.

Wishing you a great and productive week!

3 Likes

Hi Andrei

Thanks for getting back to us. From a customer point of view we probably do perceive it as a collection of separate applications and often customers perceive our business differently to how we do, even if they fail understand our businesses. Of course we always want to buy just the thing we want and that makes it difficult for the business owner to make any profits but I do think, something more flexible. I’m not sure of the demographics of your customer base but my guess would be sole traders trying to do it themselves or like me their own blog and the tools created on your site and other are fantastic, we can have interactive sites and blogs without any coding.

For me I’d like something were I can put up several galleries, so being able to buy more than one is really helpful but I wouldn’t need most of the other apps as I’m not taking money on my blog or sites so I only really need a few apps and some of them I need to use more than 3 instances. As I’ve mentioned previously I’d say having the option to buy 10 or 20 applications would be much easier or instead of 3 uses buy 5 or 10. The problem with all in Apps is that we’d never use more than 10 or 20 in reality. If we were web developers, possibly. Lots of software companies also employ this type of approach but the customer rarely needs it.

If a slightly more flexible option was available my guess that more people would buy it and there more profit. Three options are fine and not a complicated approach as below, we’d lose what we were doing.

Someone did say you had problems before but it was a slightly different system. So the beginners is fine for starting and for web developers or larger sites then all is fine but just for the middle people like us may be buy 10 or 25 apps as an option? Plus not limited the photo apps or being able to extend from 3 galleries to 6 or 9 which would count as another app.

It all about cost and as with Mike spending £180 for the few apps I use looks expensive but £40-50 a year would be fine and that’s money earned the £180 would be money lost. It’s not that much of an issue to add this middle option in.

Cheers Phil

1 Like

I pay $360 a year for the Pro Pack, which is a deal.

I have seasonal websites that get a ton of traffic during the summer, and it eats up all my views for the Google Reviews app.

Is there an option where I can buy extra views for Google Reviews since it only goes over only during the summer months?

The Pro Pack is more than enough, but paying double for double the views for the Premium Pack, which I only hit for a few months out of the year, doesn’t make sense. I only need it for the Google Reviews app.

An option to top up for the month would make sense. I would quickly pay extra for one app “views” for a few months than paying double for what I am not using.

Does that make sense? A top-up feature for views that would I would gladly pay for.

1 Like

Hi @Jovan_Mena :wave:

It’s great to see new faces around here. Welcome :tada:

A huge thank you for such a thorough description of your use case!

I totally understand your point and we’ll be happy to help.

To find the best option for this case, my colleague from Support Team will contact you in your ticket really soon.

Have a great day :slightly_smiling_face: