Option to automatically adjust image size in popup

Currently, the Portfolio widget does not have an option to automatically adjust the size of images when opened in a lightbox. This is an issue for users who have images of different sizes, as they need to manually adjust them or use JavaScript or CSS code.

Request:

We request the implementation of an option in the Portfolio widget that allows for automatic adjustment of image size when opened in a lightbox. This option could be:

• A selector that allows choosing between different predefined sizes (e.g., “Fit to screen size”, “Fit to 512x768”, “Fit to 1024x1024”).
  • A text field where the user can enter a custom size.
  • A checkbox that allows the user to maintain the original aspect ratio of the image.

Benefits:

• This new option would make it easier to manage portfolios with images of different sizes.
  • It would save time and effort for users who do not have JavaScript or CSS knowledge.
  • It would provide a better user experience when viewing images in a lightbox.

Example of use case:

I have a portfolio with images of different sizes: 1024x1024, 512x768, and 3K. Currently, I have to manually adjust the size of each image for it to look good when opened in a lightbox. This is a tedious and time-consuming process.

If there was an option to automatically adjust the image size, I could select “Fit to screen size” and all images would be displayed correctly without any manual intervention.

Thank you:

Thank you for your attention to this request. We hope you will consider implementing it in a future version of the Portfolio widget.

Additional information:

• I have tried using JavaScript and CSS code to adjust the image size, but it does not always work and it is tedious to have to place code for each image.
  • This issue only occurs when opening an image on desktop. Images look fine on mobile devices.
1 Like

Hi @Savitar :wave:

Thanks a bunch for such a detailed comment, it’s extremely helpful!

I completely get where you’re coming from, and I couldn’t agree more about the automatic adjustment of the image size in the popup- it would be a great enhancement!

We’ll have your idea in mind, and I really hope our devs will find a way to add it to the widget. All the updates will be posted here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like