Facebook Feed Display

In the facebook feed layout:

When I have the “height” set to auto, it seems to cut the text off after just a few lines.

Is this normal?

What are the options for this field? Just Auto or a specific number of pixels?

Can we have Auto, Short, Medium, Long, & Pixels as options?

Also, the contrast between the facebook posts and the background is very low.

Can we set the background color?

website designers near me

1 Like

Hi @Hugh!

I’m afraid at the moment the Width and Height options support only pixels and ‘auto’, my apologies for the inconvenience!

But it would be amazing if you could share your idea in our wishlist. We’ll try our best to consider it for the future updates.

As for the background color, I hope these CSS codes could help. Please add them in your widget’s Custom CSS code section:

.eapps-facebook-feed-posts-item{
  background: #0000;
}

}

Please let me know if it helped!

Did you intend to put the same CSS twice here?

Hm, this is weird, I’m going to try once again:

.eapps-facebook-feed-inner{
}

}

Could you please try one more time?

Yes, this is what I was looking for:

background: #000000;
}

1 Like

I have the height set to auto on this one but it displays very different from the feed mentioned above:

Could it happen that the widgets have different layouts?

It seems the widget above is set as Grid, and the second one is set as Masonry.

1 Like

Interesting. I am looking at the layout screen and do not see anywhere to change that.

Do you mean different templates? And do you mean large vs full width?

Yes, unfortunately our current editor doesn’t support an option to change the layout, I’m really sorry for the inconvenience!

We’re actively transferring our widgets to new updated editor, where the layout options will be definitely presented. For now, current layout can be changed only through changing settings manually.

However, I also see that the second widget has images with different dimensions and different text length, which also affect the widget layout.

1 Like

Just a quick suggestion. When the developers supply custom CSS for a widget, they or you might consider adding a comment at the top so that later on we can remember what the css does - especially if there is more than one entry in the Custom CSS box. Here is what I used on mine.

/* Set background color to FB blue color */
  background: #3B5998;
}

Hey, this is a great idea! We’ll be happy to adopt it, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like