Event Calendar Subscription

Allow calendar viewers to subscribe to your calendar for all future updates by syncing to their iCal, Outlook or Google Calendar etc.

Use case scenario: events calendar on an education website, where parents can add the school events calendar to their calendar app without needing to keep coming back constantly to view upcoming events on the website.

2 Likes

@user2637 thanks a lot for sharing your idea and for all the details provided!

Am I right that you’d love to have a ‘Subscribe’ button which is supposed to notify subscribers about new events and add them to their calendars at the same time?

2 Likes

Yes so they can sync to their Google calendar or iCal - without having to come back and add an event to their calendar 1 by 1. Ideal for things like school calendars where there could be the centralised events calendar for the school and parents can subscribe to it so even if they miss checking details on the website, they have full school calendar details on hand at all times.

1 Like

Got it, many thanks for the details!

I love this idea, but it sounds not that easy, so I’m afraid we won’t be able to release it in the nearest updates. But I really hope we will consider it in the future, as it would be a great addition to the widget!

Thank you very much for your help :slight_smile:

Please add the ability to subscribe to all events on an event widget using ICS or ICAL.

1 Like

@user4596 Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

We already have a similar request in our Wishlist, and I’ve moved your comment there. All the updates will be posted in this topic :slightly_smiling_face: