Delete Pop Out button on document embed

I have an embed Word .cocx document that client does not want print or download ability. I turned off the the download setting but it still shows up with the PopOut button. Please Advise if you can turn that off also. Thank You!!

1 Like

Hi there @William4 :wave:

Do I understand correctly that you’d like to hide Open in a new Tab button?

Hi Max, yes that’s correct.

Thank You,

Will Noel
Design Data Concepts
434-242-3263

1 Like

Hi @William4 :wave:

I’ve talked to the devs and, unfortunately, there is no way to remove or hide this button at the moment. I am really sorry!

We see that it would be a useful option, especially for cases like yours, and we’ll try to consider this opportunity in the future. I’ll keep you posted here :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Max,

Thanks for your quick reply!

In the widget layout, there is a download setting which allows to turn off the download link which I have turned off – But then there is still a download link with that button “Pop-Out”. Doesn’t make sense to me to have a layout feature to turn off download and then still have another element that allows download.

ElfSite has provided custom code in the past to fix different problems – surely there must be a custom CSS that I can use to set to “display-none” for that element. Please as the devs about that? Thanks!

Thank You,
Design Data Concepts, LLC
Will Noel
Founder

Tel: 434-242-3263
Email: will@designdataconcepts.com

Business Websites That Achieve Business Goals | For Professionals, Manufacturing, Engineering, Business, and Non-Profit Organizations. Begin building authority which translates into search ranking strength.

1 Like

Yes, I totally agree with your point. However, you see, since this button is placed in iframe of the Google file reader, there is no option to hide it anyhow (including CSS option). I am really sorry :pensive:

Please let me know if this explains things or if any further questions come up. I’ll be happy to advise!

Thanks Max,

I understand, however certainly hope Elfsight can offer that at some point soon.
Is there maybe a different widget or method you could suggest that would accomplish this?

Thank You,
Design Data Concepts, LLC
Will Noel
Founder

Tel: 434-242-3263
Email: will@designdataconcepts.com

Business Websites That Achieve Business Goals | For Professionals, Manufacturing, Engineering, Business, and Non-Profit Organizations. Begin building authority which translates into search ranking strength.

1 Like

Some contract documents should not be allowed to screen print or download, read only.
embed PDF or Word Document that cannot be downloaded or printed

1 Like

Yeah, your ideas do sound reasonable!

Unfortunately, we haven’t got any alternative apps or another workarounds to implement this use case. I am really sorry!

We’ll try our best to consider this opportunity in the future and I’ll keep you posted about any news.

Thank you so much for pointing us in this direction :slightly_smiling_face: