Contact Form Email Design

We are using the Elfsight contact form to receive customer questions. When I try to edit the email notification design, it reverts everything to a single column and will not update. Why will it not keep my changes?

My Code:

<h2><span style="color: rgb(24, 93, 53);"><span style="color: #185D35">[email]</span></span><span style="color: #CB9348"> submitted the form from your Contact Us page</span>

</h2><div>A user has submitted the contact form on your store.</div>
<div><strong style="color: rgb(203, 147, 72);"><span style="color: #CB9348">Here are their details:</span></strong></div>

<br>

<!-- Body --> 
<table role="presentation" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td>
<div>Full Name:</div>
<div>Phone:</div>
<div>Email:</div>
<div>Company Name:</div>
<div>Order#</div>
</td>
<td><div>[full-name]</div>
<div>[phone]</div>
<div>[email]</div>
<div>[company-name]</div>
<div>[order#]</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<div>[message]</div>

Elfsight Code:

<h2><span style="color: rgb(24, 93, 53);"><span style="color: #185D35">[email]</span></span><span style="color: #CB9348"> submitted the form from your Contact Us page</span>

<div><strong style="color: rgb(203, 147, 72);"><span style="color: #CB9348">Here are their details:</span></strong></div>

<br>

<div>Phone:</div><div>Email:</div>
<div>Order#</div>

<div>[full-name]</div>
<div>[phone]</div>
<div>[email]</div>
<div>[order#]</div>
<div>[message]</div>
1 Like

Greetings @Jamestown_Advanced and welcome aboard :wave:

I’ve shared your request with our dev. I’ll get back to you once I receive a response from them :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you Max!

@Jamestown_Advanced I’ve talked to our devs and, unfortunately, table layout isn’t supported in our text editor. I am so sorry!

Please let me know if this explains things or if you have any further questions.

Thank you for the reply.
Are you aware of a workaround to allow the content name and data to show up side by side?
Below is an example of how we would like it to look.

<br>

<!-- Body --> 
<table role="presentation" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td>
<div>Phone:</div>
<div>Email:</div>
<div>Order#</div>
</td>
<td><div>[full-name]</div>
<div>[phone]</div>
<div>[email]</div>
<div>[order#]</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<div>[message]</div>
1 Like

Yes, we know about this, but, unfortunately, table tags such as <table>, <tr>, <td> are not supported in the text editor of our app.

We agree that it would be an awesome addition to our app and I’ve added your idea to our Wishlist. You can keep an eye on it here - Support table layout in the text editor of the Contact Form app

Thank you Max.
I am confused about how I was able to make it work initially, but now it does not work. Please see the attached image showing the email I received when doing my original test.

1 Like

Hi @Jamestown_Advanced :wave:

It seems that it was an issue on our side. In general, these tags aren’t supported in our app, unfortunately. I am so sorry!

Hope this explains things. If you have any other questions, please let me know and I’ll be happy to advise :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like