Conditional forms

It would be a great Feature to beeing able to show different sections / questions based on the users answer.

For example. You have a form where users can apply for Supporter and Moderator. Based on the option the user chooses, only the options that are relevant to that answer are shown.

I made a small example in Google Forms: https://forms.gle/L6TYsA1jC7cFmd7Q9

In the form builder if someone gives a specific answer, how can I show them the next question based on how they answer.

Example: The select option 1, they should get field A. If they select option 2, they get field B and so on

4 Likes

In the form builder if someone gives a specific answer, how can I show them the next question based on how they answer.

Example: The select option 1, they should get field A. If they select option 2, they get field B and so on

2 Likes

For the purposes of the Form Builder to be used as a Survey, would like to see Conditional Logic added.

i.e.: If in a survey, I ask a question and the user answers yes, it takes them to a different set of questions than if they answered no. A series of “If this case, then this result” logic.

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 7

I would love to see this feature too as well with some conditional logic in the email responses that get sent out automatically. Thanks for suggesting this feature.

1 Like

Hi @Jamie1, thanks a lot for your comment and welcome to the community!

Agree, conditional logic is a great feature but at the same time pretty much complex, that’s why it requires time to deliver it. But we’ll try our hardest to make it happen one day, as we realize how useful it will be :slight_smile:

By the way, please don’t forget to vote for the ideas you love - it will help them stand out on the list and attract more users. The more votes, the faster the release :slight_smile:

1 Like

A Form really needs to include capability for Business Logic;

• Conditional Fields: showing/hiding fields based on logical condition(s)
  • Conditional Pages: showing/hiding pages or routing the user through selective pages based on logical condition(s)
2 Likes

@Mark13 thanks a lot for sharing your idea!

You know, we have a similar request, so I’ve moved yours to this thread :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you updated on how things are going.

And yes, welcome to the Elfsight community! :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Hi Helga,
Do you have any news on this topic? Any ETA?
Brgds, Markus

2 Likes

Hi Markus!

We do plan on starting working on the Conditional Fields, and we hope to make it in Q2.

I’ll let you know once we’ve set the wheels in motion right away :slight_smile:

Hi Helga,

Perfect thank you. This would be a great help. I currently use another plugin provider for this form because of the conditional fields. When you have changed it I can definitely move everything to elfsight.

Brgds, Markus

We ourselves can’t wait to have it released! I can imagine how many users will be able to use the widget to the fullest :slight_smile:

Thank you for your support!

I’d like to set up a form that capture name, email, goal.
The goal would use “choice” or " dropdown" field type and would have 3 options (for this example A, B, C)

I want the form submitter to be redirected to a specific URL based on the goal chosen.
If submitter selects Goal A, they’d be redirected to Goal A thank you page, if submitter selects Goal B, they’d be redirected to Goal B thank you page, and so on.

2 Likes

Hi @user2972 and welcome to Elfsight Community :wave:

Many thanks for such a detailed comment!

Quite interesting use case and I bet this functionality would become demanded among many users. We’ll try to consider your idea in our future updates.

Please do not worry, we’ll keep you in the loop here :wink:

1 Like

Hi Max,

Thank you for your response on this topic.

I wanted to inquire if there have been any updates regarding the implementation of the functionality we discussed. I’ve been researching other platforms that might offer this feature, but migrating all my forms to a different platform would be a significant hassle.

I value the convenience and reliability of your platform, and I hope to continue using it for my forms. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your attention to this matter.

2 Likes

Hi @user199 and welcome to Community :wave:

At the moment, we are working on design of this feature. However, this feature is quite complicated and, unfortunately, we cannot name the exact release dates.

We’ll keep you in the loop here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, like Google forms has the ability to change where you are sent next by the answers you give. I don’t want to use google and would appreciate this feature. Even if the completion message is different.
Then they can choose 1-7 and then see a completion message specific to their response, according to their choice. As long as the end message can provide a link, and limit to one response.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your comment, @Rev_Devan! We’re really looking forward to adding conditional logic, cuz it’s gonna be super useful for a bunch of different use cases.

We’re hoping to have it ready for you real soon! :slight_smile:

Use cases
1.Address form when user selects “Country” , Drop down field “State” populates as per country.
2. in Multi step form, in first form Name, Item, Count, when “Count” field is 2, repeats second form twice in two steps.
3. Shows second form based on Gender selected in first.

2 Likes