Widget to create Tables, please

Widget to create Tables, please

6 Likes

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 3

1 Like

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

1 Like

Hello, I’d love it if you could add in your Tools apps a good table generator which would allow to fully customize the table and embed it into Blogger. Blogger does not even provide table generators. Thanks! :smiley:

2 Likes

I love your idea, @user985, thanks a lot for sharing your use case!

You know, we have such an app in our Coming Soon section, you can check how it’s going to look here: Table widget - embed a table to your website! (2022).

And yes, if you’ve got any particular requests regarding the options you’d love to see in such an app, don’t shy away from sharing here :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help!

It will be really helpful a widget in which you can make a comparison table between different elements. Key aspects would be the option to add multiple rows and columns, different formats por each cell (text, image, link, icon, etc) and the possibility to customize the look and feel of the widget. Also, very important, should be responsive.

2 Likes

@JD1 great suggestions, thanks a bunch for sharing!

You know, we have a similar request for Table widget, I hope you don’t mind that I’ve moved yours to this thread :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you updated on the progress here :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help and welcome to the Elfsight Community!

This probably doesn’t even need to be said, but please make sure to keep the table viewable horizontally on mobile (even if it becomes small). For example, when I try to use your existing Pricing Table widget, it breaks the columns on mobile. It’s a great widget, but if those columns break down, one on top of the other, the table makes less sense if the information is flowing horizontally. BTW - how far off is this widget?

2 Likes

This would be an amazing tool to have - especially if it’s going to flow horizontally on mobile devices (responsive) and be able to filter. Bravo if this is coming soon!

1 Like

@user2368 thanks a lot for your suggestion! I guess the devs will definitely consider adding a horizontal layout for mobile devices :slight_smile:

We also have a specific request for our Pricing Table widget to support horizontal layout, so feel free to vote for it if you’d love to get updated on the progress.

I’m afraid we don’t have ETA at this point, but I’ll make sure to post here as soon as I have any news :slight_smile:

@Sevenrendered many thanks for your lovely comment! :heart_eyes:

We’ll try our hardest to release it in the near future.

Thanks a lot for sharing, guys, and welcome to the Elfsight Community! We’re always happy to hear from you and discuss whatever you’d love to talk about :slight_smile:

Assuming the tables plugin is months or more away, would it be expedient to simply update your Pricing Table app to have an option (for mobile) to allow columns to flow horizontally rather than breaking? I could use that right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Sevenrendered that’s a very nice suggestion, thanks a lot!

You know, we have a similar request for our Pricing Table widget, you can vote for it here: Horizontal Layout on mobile.

It’s still under consideration, but I keep tabs on all the feature requests’ statuses, so I’ll make sure to update you on the progress :slight_smile:

Many thanks for your help, it’s truly appreciated!

1 Like

What has a better chance of being realized faster - the new Tables App/plugin or a feature change to the Pricing App? I have a project on hold as a result. Since I’m new, I’m not sure what the typical wait is at Elfsight for new features/Apps. Thanks for your responses.

@Sevenrendered oh I see! You know, I’ve talked to the devs regarding this, and I’m afraid both the Tablet widget and the Pricing Table horizontal mode are unlikely to be released in the near future, I’m so sorry about it :frowning: I understand it might be crucial for you and I wish I had better news to share :pensive:

The thing is that our company is still relatively small, that’s why we’re struggling with fulfilling all the requests we receive from you as promptly as we’d love to.

We’re doing everything possible to deliver the best service, and I do hope we will find more resources to release more great features :pray:t2:

My client is looking to get a standard table into Webflow CMS. I am thinking of using of using your pricing table to build out the table and embed it into the Webflow CMS. This work around is okay as the webflow CMS does allow us to embed code but not create tables. It would be better if elfsight has a specific widget just for tables.

1 Like

Looking for the same.
I have created a form that is submitted. Now, I want to have a table to see all forms submitted, to review

1 Like

Welcome to Community @Ragulan_Suthaharan :wave:

Thanks a bunch for sharing your thoughts with us!

Glad to tell you that we have such a widget in our Coming Soon project. I’ve merged your comment with the dedicated thread where we’ll post all the updates :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Shared_Trust :wave:

I’d like to let you know that you can download your forms submissions in CSV file:

Also, you can use Google Sheets integration and all the data will be sent right to your Google Sheet:

Check it out and let me know if it worked for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Is there a projected date on when this will be available. I need a fairly complex table (to filter / sort) , and was looking at JS to build it, but if this will be available soon, I may hold off.

1 Like

Hi @Matthew7 :wave:

I am afraid, it’s hard to give any predictions on the release date for this app. I am so sorry :pensive:

Once any news come up, we’ll immediately let you know here. In the meantime, it would be fantastic if you could provide a more detailed description of how you plan to use this app. What specific features are you looking for? What kinds of filtering and sorting options do you need?

Any additional information you can provide would be immensely helpful!