We see that our article Views: everything you need to know has low happiness score:
It makes us worry when our customers are unhappy. If you could provide us with the details on what went wrong, we would be very grateful
Please do not hesitate to share your ideas. Your feedback is crucial for our development.
Just in case, we’ve decided to answer the most popular questions about views in this topic.
What are views?
The number of views is defined by the number of times the widget’s installation code loads on your website = the number of requests made to our server.
Why is there a limit?
We decided not to restrict any of the widgets’ features and settings for any of our customers even those who use the free Lite plan. We have done it specifically in order to let our customers test the widgets’ functionality in full before taking the decision about upgrading to a paid plan.
Also, the views were chosen as the main metrics on our service because each view produces a load on our servers. So we find it fair enough as the views limit is one of the main differences between the plans.
Where to check views statistics?
You can easily check your views usage in your Elfsight account. Here’s an article describing how to do it in detail - Checking your views statistics
So you just need to go to the Applications section and choose the app that you need.
Here you can see your total views count for the current period (1) and Usage Statistic by sites (2):
Also, here you can find some general information about our views metrics - Views: everything you need to know
You can find the refreshment date in your Elfsight account.
Go to the “Applications” section, choose the app that you need, and click “Manage”:
You’ll see the refreshment date in the upper right corner:
Why widget is deactivated?
This text will be hidden
Views expired, what next?
When your views limit is over, the widget on your website will be deactivated. So, the widget will not be visible to your website visitors until next reset date.
Before your views limit runs out, you will get several notification emails from Elfsight Apps, so deactivation won’t come as a surprise.
When the deactivation happens, you can either:
- wait for your next views reset date - the views are reset every month
- or upgrade your subscription plan
Why my views gone too fast?
We’d like to remind you that views are counted by the number of widget loadings on your website. Here’s an article that will explain more - Views: everything you need to know
Basically, these are the reasons that affect the speed at which the views limit might run out faster:
- Installation - if the widget is installed to the website’s theme or template, it will be automatically displayed on each page, so it will get more views.
- Owner’s views - stay logged in to your Elfsight account to prevent your own views from being counted. Please make sure you’re logged in to Elfsight from the same browser and device you’re working with your website.
Why views statistics is different from Google Analytics or any other tools?
First of all, we recommend you to check our article describing possible reasons that may affect the speed of views counting - Why my views have gone so fast.
- Google Analytics and other tools count views differently than us, that’s why there will be incoherence between their statistics and Elfsight’s one.
- The other thing you need to know is that our statistics counts views of website scrapers, which also may cause the difference. However, we do have plans to change this behavior in the future.
If you’re still certain that there’s a huge divergence, please send us your pageviews statistics. We’ll try our best to find out what’s happening there.
If you have any questions about views, please let me know and I’ll be happy to shed some light on it