Job Board Links Not Working

Hi All,

I’m trying to create a job-board that links to another page of my site. It seems to work perfectly fine in the widget builder but not at all when installed on my site. I’ve tried with the learn more button active and the apply now button. I tried using a different template and I get the same issue. Any ideas?

The widget is installed here: Careers — Barad Marketing Solutions

Hello @user564! Thank you for contacting us!

I am so sorry that you’ve experienced issues using our app! Please accept my sincere apologies :pensive:!

I’ve consulted with our devs and they’ve found the reason for the issue. It’s the conflict with your website’s script:

You’ve changed the element window.open that has a function of opening in a new tab.

We’ll be happy to fix the issue. To do this, we need temporary access to your website’s backend. Here is the article that explains how you can do this - How to provide access to your Squarespace website - Elfsight Help Center.

Could you please provide me with it?

Looking forward to your reply!

The links in the widget are not set to open in a new tab. If I have you change this on my websites backend will all buttons on my website open in a new tab?

@user564 Please do not worry. It shouldn’t affect all the buttons on your website, it will work only for your widget.

Okay I added support as a contributor please let me know if you are able to fix it

@Max Can you please still help me with this?

Hello @user564!

I am afraid you haven’t seen my message, but I contacted at daniel.m.barad@gmail.com in support ticket 304574.

Sure thing, we’ll be happy to help you!

You’ve mentioned that you’ve provided us with the access to your website’s backend, but, unfortunately, we haven’t received any invitation.

Could you please double-check it and provide us with the access? Our e-mail is support@elfsight.com.

@Max Sorry, the invitation request of for a squarespace account owned by my business email dan@baradms.com

@user564 Unfortunately, we still haven’t received an invitation from you.

Could you please check it again?

@Max I just cancelled the original invitation and resent it

Thank you @user564!

We’ve received the access.

I’ve forwarded it to our devs and, hopefully, they’ll come up with a solution very soon. Please do not worry, I’ll keep you updated!

1 Like

Hey @user564 :wave: Great news :fire:

We have fixed the issue!

Could you please check it and let me know if everything is fine?