It'll be great to have a widget for creating tabs

this would let organize info on the page

1 Like

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. Youā€™re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here ā€” we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 2

Hey,

Thanks a lot for adding your idea!

I also think this widget would be a great help in information organization, and Iā€™m happy to say that we already have this one as our Comming Soon - https://elfsight.com/tabs-widget/.

So if you have any specific ideas or youā€™d love to see particular options in this widget - do let us know in the comments here. Iā€™ll be a huge for our devs in creating this widget :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help!

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates ā€” Facebook
Get to know our team ā€” Instagram

1 Like

Many thanks for sharing your idea, @yhanz_mapagmahal!

We have a Tabs widget in our Coming Soon project, and Iā€™ll make sure to update you here if I have any news regarding the progress :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help and welcome to the Elfsight community!

I am looking for something to create a vertical tabs on my weebly site.

Idealy to be able to use picture as a tab with title .
There is a good example.

1 Like

Hi @fengwei_zhan and welcome to Elfsight ranks :wave:

Thank you ever so much for such a thorough comment.

I am not sure if the vertical tabs option is available in the app, but weā€™ll strive to take your suggestion under consideration as well :slightly_smiling_face:

All the updates will be posted in this thread.

Any news on this widget? coming soon back in 2021 - so is this idea coming soon or later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Neil_Kerridge :wave:

I am genuinely sorry that it takes us so long to release this widget!

Since we get a lot of requests and the process of their release is quite complicated, we have to be picky and choose the most popular requests first.

To be honest, the chances for this app to be released in the near future are quite low. However, if it gets more votes, weā€™ll try to speed up the process.

In the meantime, would you mind sharing your vision of this app?

What features are must have? What layouts youā€™d like to be included? How should it look and function?

Any additional info would be tremendously helpful for better understanding of the desired outcomes :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Max,

Apologies, it was not a criticism on how long, I fully understand the logistics of development and the requirement of a certain number of votes to make the project viable.

As your community we understand these things take time - I was merely relating to the fact on your website you actually have a page dedicated to this feature, as if it was actually coming and already passed the consideration stage - however your message implies you guys are still considering it.

The above page is a definite indication to us end users the project is underway and will be with us soonā€¦ At least thatā€™s how I perceive this in any case! :slight_smile:

My vision is simple, very much like your described proposal on your webpage.

The only thing I can think is a way of nesting multiple tables together, so this sort of links to your Tabbed Content also a page on your website:

(Again, implies that this is all underway and ā€˜coming soonā€™ - but again, still in consideration stages.)

So back to my visions, BOTH these could work in conjunction together, so you not only have a dedciated table create option, but also a way to combine multiple tables together in a tabbed content area, helping reduce the amount of ā€˜real estateā€™ or ā€˜page spaceā€™

Keep up the good work - I am sure these things will come in due course, We all want them much quicker of course we do! We just have to work around for the solution until your widgets come to life!
You guys make our life easier so of course we ask, whenā€¦

My only gripe is when I do a google search to find what I need, and I find your dedicated landing page for these widgets, (as an existing pro customer) I get all excited and then a little disappointed when I find they are not available - lol

Much love to all you do for us!

What an amazing feedback @Neil_Kerridge

Thank you so much for providing these details, this is huge!

As for our Coming project, you are spot on. These apps are going to be released in the future and now we are collecting customer feedback to seamlessly incorporate your ideas into their development!

Once again, many thanks for your interest and contribution, itā€™s highly appreciated :heart:

Hey Elfsight Community,
I want to use your Tabs Widgets But itā€™s not enable so can you help me how to use . I want to use tabs on product page so please Enable . Otherwise Do You Have any Other Option So Please suggest me.
Itā€™s Urgent.

1 Like

Hello there @user10109 :wave:

We have a request for the Tab app in the Wishlist, but, unfortunately, itā€™s not released yet. I am so sorry :pensive:

At the moment, we are gathering feedback for this app, and it would be great if you could share your thoughts on it. What feature must be supported in the Tabs app? Do you have any design preferences?

My existing Big Commerce Website Blog does not allow me to organize my blogs via links that categorize them.

It would be great to see a screen where I can have the newest 2-3 blogs showing but then categories with older dated blogs they can access.

I donā€™t see ANY apps they have that support this on BC or anywhere that works with it.

Hi @Bradley_Alexander_Wo :wave:

Thank you for adding your idea to the Wishlist!

At the moment, we are gathering feedback for the Tabs app in the Wishlist that might be the right option for your case. Could you please take a look at this app and let me know if it meets your needs?

If itā€™s not, could you please share an example of what you are looking for?

Well, have you ever read blogs on a web site?

First - you probably donā€™t want to just scroll endlessly to find what you want. Like anything else in life, we look for the main CATEGORY like
in my case might be ā€œHAIRā€ then another for BEARD, and yet another for something else I do.

Then within those I can further narrow it down , for example under hair - I might have Hair Loss , and another titled hair growth or whatever I want to futher clarify
where the reader might like to go

Its really not any different than say - a drop down menu that has different choices and then sub menues off of those to narrow it down for products only THIS would be for articles, otherwise known as blogs

Finally - there needs to be a way to put metatags (browser descriptions google will find) and alt text to make them ADA compliant and legal (american disabilities act)
In this way they pick up SEO and google likes that., but sometimes these are built into the ecommerce platform and may not be as important as long as your app is not replacing the blog itself but rather just giving a way to organize what is already present.

Got it, thanks!

Iā€™d like to tell you that the Tabs app will allow you categorizing your blogs via links, so this app should be the right option for you. Here is an example of how it may look:

I also really love your idea with the subcategories. Currently, we are just gathering feedback on this app, so weā€™ll try to consider this functionality as well. All the updates will be posted in this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

A huge thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, itā€™s highly appreciated!