🚀 Contact Form: [Major Update] Mailchimp Integration, Consent Element+ 4 more features!

Hello-hello!

Big news and major changes has our Contact Form widget undergone. We’re going to break down everything in this post.

What’s new:

• updated editor with a totally new look
  • a whole host of appearance customization options: fonts, colors, floating button position and more!
  • Consent element
  • Pre-fill Form option
  • Mailchimp integration
  • In your reports, attachments are displayed as links next to the corresponding field

Contact Form and Form Builder now differ in terms of features

We used to have these widgets with identical functionality, but we’ve finally differentiated them.

These are the options that have been excluded from the Contact Form:

• Multistep form
  • Recaptcha
  • Scale-elements (number scale, star scale, etc.)
  • Divider element

And here’s a brief overview video across the updated Contact Form widget:

Guys, don’t hesitate to share your feedback in the comments, we’ll be happy to hear from you! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Not sure what this is…

This is a check box going along with the links to your Terms of use or other info your clients should agree with :slightly_smiling_face:

This is the first option showed in the video, feel free to have a look to see it in action :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh… “consent”.

Oh my, having looked at this word so many times, I still didn’t notice the mistake! :woman_facepalming:t2:

Thank you, Hugh! It seems I do need a vacation :slight_smile:

1 Like

The changes are great! Thanks for making them. I was hoping to be able to send a parameter to pre-select a drop down list item but it doesn’t appear that’s possible. Can you confirm this? If so, will this functionality be added in the future?

Thanks again! We really appreciate all the widgets you guys provide. They’ve made the development of our new website so much easier!

1 Like

Hi @Robert4 and thank you so much for all your kind words! Your appreciation and support mean the world to us and encourage us to work even harder :slight_smile:

As for your question, we’ve checked this option with the developers, and it seems at the moment drop down lists really are not supported, I’m very sorry about this!

However, our devs will have a closer look, and I do believe they will find a way. I’ll keep you posted in this thread :raised_hands:t2:

Hi Robert, and thank you for your patience!

I’m coming with the update and I hope with a solution :slight_smile:

Can you please let me know if you tried to pre-select a drop-down item via Dropdown option itself? Here’s the way:

Your widget Build Form tab → Dropdown option (you called it Message Category) → Selected Option → and choose the needed one

Thank you!

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it!

The solution you provided would work to create a “default” selection from a drop down.

I’m looking to send a parameter via the URL to the Contact Page and have the drop down auto-select an item based on reading the parameter passed in.

I hope that makes sense! No worries if this can’t be done. It’s just a convenience thing for our customers.

Thank you!

Robert D’Alimonte
Tuscarora WoodWorks
5532 Walmore Road
Tuscarora Nation
via Lewiston, NY 14092
716-512-8777

1 Like

Hi Robert, thanks a lot for your kind reply!

My apologies for the misunderstanding, I have to admit that the use-case you’ve described really is not supported in our app at the moment. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience! :frowning:

However, I’ve added your suggestion to our widget since it does sound like a great addition to the functionality. Feel free to vote for it and subscribe for the updates here: Include drop down to Pre-fill with URL Params | Feature Wishlist.

If there’s anything else I could help you with, please do let me know :slight_smile: