Connect Google Maps Widget to GMB Listing

On the Locations screen of the Google Maps widget, I have been assuming I can enter a GMB (Google My Business) ID so that all the data used for our location pulls from that Google business object.

For example, Christy Sports Bridge Street store in Vail Village (GMB ID: ChIJxxf1TWxwaocRoUaINuUi8ig) has a name, image, picture, address, phone number, contact info, etc. already defined (as well as our reviews).

Google Maps (Google Maps)

Today there is no way to “call” a PIN to a map using GMB ID.

In addition, when I enter the address for this location into the Elfsight tool, it also does not bring up our actual location data and instead defaults to Googleplex as the location.

I seemingly can “override” this Googleplex data by entering all the store/location information into Elfsight (directly/manually), but that creates a significant problem as I now have to update/manage the location specific information in the GMB tool as well as Elfsight every time something changes (that isn’t scalable for 61 locations). And GMB data changes all the time (hours, services, pictures, etc.)

There needs to be an integration between the Elfsight Google Maps widget such that it can use my GMB listing, pulling data from a company’s GMB listing for the mapping program much like the Elfsight Reviews widget.

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 26