Booking Module - exclude dates

I’d love to integrate information about free for booking time to the calendar in the contact form.

1 Like

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 1

Be able to exclude dates and times from the booking option, and have booked appointments be automatically excluded from the next clients options, so that double booking does not happen and we are able to make certain days/days of the week unavailable (days we are closed, etc.). Thank you!

1 Like

@Ron5 I second this idea! I also think that an option to exclude already booked dates would be a great addition to the app, and really hope we’ll be able to make it in our future updates.

I’ll keep you updated on the progress here :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for sharing, and welcome to the Elfsight Community! :tada:

As it is now, when you insert a date field it allows the visitor to input any kind of date, in the past and in the future. I think it would be very useful for many different use cases to be able tu customize the date range.

For example, if you are asking for a birthday, it should only be in the past, no use for dates in the future.

On the opposite side, if you are creating a booking form. The options should be only in the future, you can’t book a meeting in the past.

And if you are making a form for an event for example, the available dates should be only between the dates of the event.

I think it would have many use cases and it’s not that difficult to implement.

Thank you.

Pablo T.

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Date: User can only book from today onwards, they cannot choose days before today.

Time: The user can only select a time that is for example 30 minutes from now

2 Likes

Totally support your ideas, @user2189, thanks a lot for sharing!

Hopefully, we’ll make it happen in our future updates, I’ll keep you in the loop :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help and welcome to the Elfsight community! We’re happy to have you with us!

Can we have current and future dates in the date selection please, this is to prevent users from selecting dates from the past.

1 Like

@Adam12 love your suggestion, thanks a lot for sharing!

I hope we’ll find a way to correct the current behaviour of the date picker, I’ll keep you in the loop.

And yes, welcome to the community, happy to have you join :slight_smile:

Can we also block times? depending on the day of the week?
for example, some days: Wed, Fri, Sat i just want to take a reservation between 5 pm to 9 pm.

1 Like

Hey @MIOK_CHUNG :wave:

This would definitely be a great addition and hopefully, our devs will consider this opportunity as well. We’ll keep you posted here :slightly_smiling_face:

A huge thank you for sharing your thoughts and yes, welcome to the Community!